www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 03-02-21, 12:53   #11
Masked Goon
Student

Of course.

I am using the version linked right here.

My new script line:
Customize=CUST_TSU_OBJECTS, TR2_Masked_Goon1, SAS, 25, 50, 50, 50

It only worked after I added the 1 behind the Goon. And then I also had to add two additional damage values.
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 13:29   #12
ChocolateFan
Historian

Because you can have up to five versions of the same TR2 object. This way you can have differently dressed mercenaries with black mask, for example (like in Tibetan Foothills). Also for the four final values you can type IGNORE if you want the same numbers that TR2 had (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=225252). And I recommend that you do not use TR4 enemy slots (SAS, BADDY_1, BADDY_2, HARPY, etc) because they may conflict. Prefer ANIMATING, NEW_SLOT or the MIP versions of the TR4 enemies (SAS_MIP, BADDY_1_MIP, BADDY_2_MIP, HARPY_MIP, etc).
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 14:25   #13
Masked Goon
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFan View Post
Because you can have up to five versions of the same TR2 object. This way you can have differently dressed mercenaries with black mask, for example (like in Tibetan Foothills). Also for the four final values you can type IGNORE if you want the same numbers that TR2 had (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=225252). And I recommend that you do not use TR4 enemy slots (SAS, BADDY_1, BADDY_2, HARPY, etc) because they may conflict. Prefer ANIMATING, NEW_SLOT or the MIP versions of the TR4 enemies (SAS_MIP, BADDY_1_MIP, BADDY_2_MIP, HARPY_MIP, etc).
Oh I wasn't even aware using the other slots was possible! That's even better! Thank you so much
Old 07-02-21, 20:32   #14
Masked Goon
Student

I've encountered another problem when trying to add the Knifethrower enemies to my level. I used the same script commands I shared here before, but pointed them towards the Knifethrower enemy and the Knife item I guessed was required. I just kept the DMG variables the same as they were with the goons, because I have no clue which one the Knifethrower needs. Does he even need one? Or is the damage calculated by the knife itself?
Right now, whenever I try to trigger the Knifethrower he just stands there, frozen like a statue and nothing happens. Any hints on how to get him to work?

Customize=CUST_TSU_OBJECTS, TR2_KNIFETHROWER1, New_Slot10, 25, 50, 50, 50

Customize=CUST_TSU_OBJECTS, TR2_KNIFE1, New_Slot11, 25, 50, 50, 50
Old 08-02-21, 10:44   #15
ChocolateFan
Historian

You guessed right. But still your TR2_KNIFETHROWER1 cannot know which knife (between the five versions) you want him to use. So you need this command:

Code:
Customize=CUST_TSU_LINKS,TR2_KNIFETHROWER1,TR2_KNIFE1,IGNORE
The knifethrower does not do any damage by himself, so you can type IGNORE for his damage fields. Only the knife makes damage.
Old 08-02-21, 11:34   #16
Masked Goon
Student

Ah, that worked really well Thank you.

Last edited by Masked Goon; 08-02-21 at 11:36.
Old 08-02-21, 18:04   #17
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

I'm loving the behavior of the TR2 Tiger! I only ran into one problem - I wanted to have the tiger attack in an area with a 1-click deep water pool, similar to the very beginning of TR2 when the tiger runs around on land and into the pool under the Great Wall. However, the tiger often stops at the waters edge and begins walking/pacing rather than running into the water after Lara. Once Lara comes out of the water, the tiger continues to walk/pace and only begins attacking if Lara waits around for a long while, or begins shooting it. Any idea what might be causing this? Could it be room geometry with triangles or is it just this enemy's behavior?
Old 10-02-21, 12:17   #18
ChocolateFan
Historian

Can you show a screenshot of this pool in the editor?
Old 10-02-21, 17:55   #19
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFan View Post
Can you show a screenshot of this pool in the editor?
Sure thing! Thanks for asking!

Here's the tiger area, which is several different rooms:

Here's the water room where the tiger is triggered. The purple trigger is for both the tiger and a camera:

When triggered, the tiger bounds toward the room... and then pauses and begins pacing at its edge:

The tiger loses interest in Lara unless she comes out of the water, and then only begins to attack again very slowly.
Old 10-02-21, 18:07   #20
ChocolateFan
Historian

Maybe the water room has No pathfinding checked? Can you verify what happens with a standard TR4 enemy (like BADDY_1)?