www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 10:51   #30561
killchan
Professor
 
killchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Press "survival instinct" to find me
Posts: 2,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Worst thing about shadow's world is that the 7 challenge tombs are not physically connected to the open world. 5-6 out of 7 of these tombs have no way back to the base game map. Lara just uncovers the stele, you get a useless skill and there's just a 2 sec awkward silence standing there and then a loading screen to summon lara back into the actual game world freeing her from the dream she was having minutes ago.
isn't this the case only for DLC tombs?

I could be wrong, I haven't touched this game in 2 years.
__________________
Realism isn't an achievement. It's a choice
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00   #30562
plastiboi
Historian
 
plastiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: my room
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
5-6 out of 7 of these tombs have no way back to the base game map.
rise didn't have this problem with Baba Yaga, the wicked vale being off the wooden walkway path past the voice of god tomb made the DLC feel like an expansion to the map. not calling EM lazy or anything but it would've been better if the tombs were in an area you couldn't reach yet instead of teleporting in and out, and not being able to return once you're done
__________________
no
plastiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:53   #30563
Raider8
Archaeologist
 
Raider8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
isn't this the case only for DLC tombs?

I could be wrong, I haven't touched this game in 2 years.
Yes. I am OBVIOUSLY talking about the DLC chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastiboi View Post
rise didn't have this problem with Baba Yaga, the wicked vale being off the wooden walkway path past the voice of god tomb made the DLC feel like an expansion to the map. not calling EM lazy or anything but it would've been better if the tombs were in an area you couldn't reach yet instead of teleporting in and out, and not being able to return once you're done
Exactly. Baba Yaga was one hell of a DLC. Didn't get anything in shadow as bombastic as this one. It also used some of the base map like collecting ingredients like deer skin, pollen to make the antidote.

They should have gone the anniversary way by adding small corridors but with traps and climbing while loading the next area in the background.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:40   #30564
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 17,613
Default

I forgot it had been so long since Shadow came out. It's the only TR game I have around 300 hours in. None of the previous titles come close to how many times I've replayed this game.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19   #30565
Vaskito
Tomb Raider
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's the only TR game I have around 300 hours in. None of the previous titles come close to how many times I've replayed this game.
Oh we know
__________________
We found each other through brokenness and now look how strong we are
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.