Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-05-24, 18:49   #21
deadmando9

Next up, Cistern then Tomb of Tihocan. Good thing the centaurs aren't like the ones from TR Anniversary.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-24, 05:43   #22
Greenapple968

The Cistern:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOawfRzObuo

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQT...C5-bq8RaFccxLV

I collected all 3 secrets, all 28 pickups and killed all 34 enemies. I only used the pistols, didn't use any glitches and didn't lose any health. I unsuccessfully attempted to use a healthpack at the end of the level just to show you that my health was at the maximum; you can't use healthpacks when your health is full. Therefore, my attempt to use the healthpack resulted in a healthpack not being used due to my health being full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmando9 View Post
Next up, Cistern then Tomb of Tihocan. Good thing the centaurs aren't like the ones from TR Anniversary.
Good thing I'm not as bad at TR1 as I am with Anniversary.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-24, 17:42   #23
deadmando9

Ha, the centaurs in Tr1 aren't that tough. The centaurs in Anniversary are just annoying.
Old 12-05-24, 01:00   #24
fallenangle

The original TR1 ones take a lot of killing with the pistols, you can do that from inside the building but you have to be patient.

There are several places in Atlantis where there's no easy retreat or safe position to give you the time to use the pistols.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-24, 15:32   #25
Greenapple968

Tomb Of Tihocan:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyOl9j09TI

I collected all 2 secrets, all 26 pickups and killed all 17 enemies. I only used the pistols, didn't use any glitches and didn't lose any health. I unsuccessfully attempted to use a healthpack at the end of the level just to show you that my health was at the maximum; you can't use healthpacks when your health is full. Therefore, my attempt to use the healthpack resulted in a healthpack not being used due to my health being full.

Quote:
Ha, the centaurs in Tr1 aren't that tough. The centaurs in Anniversary are just annoying.
I don't remember Anniversary very well but I do remember having a hard time with the centaurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
The original TR1 ones take a lot of killing with the pistols, you can do that from inside the building but you have to be patient.

There are several places in Atlantis where there's no easy retreat or safe position to give you the time to use the pistols.
I have practiced this challenge and did have a fair bit of trouble with the centaurs when practicing.
Old 13-05-24, 18:57   #26
deadmando9

It's all about learning the centaurs attack pattern. Once a player has the pattern down he/she can avoid its shots fairly easily.
On to Egypt!
Old 13-05-24, 23:45   #27
fallenangle

I was thinking about Egypt and that 3rd Secret in the Obelisk Of Kharmoon.

How is that going to be handled? It is possible to trigger the secret without damage but when needing to collect the items under the play criteria can that be done without damage?

Last edited by fallenangle; 14-05-24 at 12:18.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 09:48   #28
Greenapple968

City Of Khamoon:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgnYLGdNQGA

I collected all 3 secrets, all 24 pickups and killed all 15 enemies. I only used the pistols, didn't use any glitches and didn't lose any health. I unsuccessfully attempted to use a healthpack at the end of the level just to show you that my health was at the maximum; you can't use healthpacks when your health is full. Therefore, my attempt to use the healthpack resulted in a healthpack not being used due to my health being full.

Quote:
It's all about learning the centaurs attack pattern. Once a player has the pattern down he/she can avoid its shots fairly easily.
On to Egypt!
I must suck against the centaurs then as they have a recurring tendency to cause me problems.

On to Egypt indeed.

Quote:
I was thinking about Egypt and that 3rd Secret in the Obelisk Of Kharmoon.

How is that going to be handled? It is possible to trigger the secret without damage but when needing to collect the items under the play criteria can that be done without damage?
With glitches, it's possible to collect that secret without taking damage. Without glitches, I don't believe that you can collect that secret without taking damage. My plan is to jump to the secret the normal way and take damage from it.
Old 15-05-24, 15:19   #29
deadmando9

@ Greenapple: I'll give you some tips on how to evade the centaurs fireballs at a later time. Good luck on the Egypt levels.
Old 17-05-24, 05:45   #30
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Nice handling of the wolves den which I've always had problems doing 'no scrtach'.

The 'trick' I think must be the speed you hang-dropped down. I've always broken the floor then hopped back and tried to kill the wolves from above but they don't always give you that chance and never all of them.

Once they're triggered it is a lottery where they are in the room and because of the height LC lands in the crouched position she can not start firing as quickly as needed nine time out of ten.
I'm also very intrigued by this approach and need to try this out next time I'm there. This room usually costs me a lot of time when I'm in the mood for a no-scratch run of that level.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote