Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-05-24, 15:16   #401
Shirley_Manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Yes
Damn, I'm sorry.
Unpluging from the forums for a week and leaving the phone in the other room sounds refreshing right now.
Shirley_Manson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:18   #402
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Best case, all of this will be true for Unified Lara as well.

The only thing we've heard out of Lara's mouth, so far, is this very generic bit of dialogue from Hero Wars. The TTRPG talking about Lara's reformation of "raider culture" (such a silly concept in the first place) is non-specific, and doesn't really go into how she does that.

We're sort of inferring that she does it through morally superior lecturing, because that's the most bad-faith approach we could take. I just find it hard to believe that Lara plaintively talking about someone "taking all the good loot" in Call of Duty, is not every bit as intentional as the rest of it.
Maybe there's some bad faith on my part but honestly after being disappointed by Crystals writing over and over, I'm definitely expecting the worst and it's on them to prove me wrong. And trust me, no one will be happier than me if they do prove me wrong.

But even setting this aside, or maybe it's because of it, the overall feeling I'm getting from these collabs and CD's Society of Raiders concept with the whole "truth seeker" moniker is that there's this push to paint Lara not as the unapologetic tomb raider she is but as a morally good archaeologist. That this is not just Lara gaslighting people saying "of course I'm not a thief" while stealing the artifact from a monastery but a Lara that is genuinely presented as morally superior.

As for Call of Duty, the reason it doesn't fall into this is because it's not about tomb raiding but about shooting people. Lara can be portrayed happily shooting anyone in her way but she can't be portrayed stealing artifacts from other cultures. That's what these collabs are saying.

And again, I'm not saying this is what the next game will be 100% for sure. But this is the content they're releasing right now under the TR brand and I don't like it.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:30   #403
charmedangelin

Laughingtrendy wasn't bullied off the forums. Morrigan was her name was moved to the Avengers project after Shadow wrapped because CD needed more community managers for that game.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:36   #404
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Laughingtrendy wasn't bullied off the forums. Morrigan was her name was moved to the Avengers project after Shadow wrapped because CD needed more community managers for that game.
Ah, well there we go then lol
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:48   #405
Bashar

Now that we’re on this subject, jaywalker of all people are currently online on this forum. The licensing manager @ square enix europe. Doesn’t obv mean anything as square enix are not even involved with TR anymore but it does suggest this forum may be a valuable resource. Didn’t Embracer state this officially?
Bashar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:48   #406
[Xmas]

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Exactly as I'd thought.

Thank you for bringing sanity and reason back to the chat. I will never understand certain members' obsession with the narrative this place is some out-of-control breeding ground of hostility that chases away people when it's the absolute opposite. Sure, people make their voices heard loud and clear, but nobody would ever bully someone (especially a CM).
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 16:07   #407
Bashar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
Exactly as I'd thought.

Thank you for bringing sanity and reason back to the chat. I will never understand certain members' obsession with the narrative this place is some out-of-control breeding ground of hostility that chases away people when it's the absolute opposite. Sure, people make their voices heard loud and clear, but nobody would ever bully someone (especially a CM).
I mean, Iíve literally seen people bully charmed about his weight in some general chat once. I also see arguments that land with very personal attacks, look at the remastered forum translation feedback thread. And all the maga vs woke debates.

Iím just saying thereís some truth that bullying exists here, just as it exists on every forum and just as it exists on twitter tbh, but it for sure feels louder here for some reason.
Old 15-05-24, 16:19   #408
[Xmas]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
I mean, I’ve literally seen people bully charmed about his weight in some general chat once. I also see arguments that land with very personal attacks, look at the remastered forum translation feedback thread. And all the maga vs woke debates.

I’m just saying there’s some truth that bullying exists here, just as it exists on every forum and just as it exists on twitter tbh, but it for sure feels louder here for some reason.
Oh I've most certainly witnessed some immaturity and drama for sure, but not necessarily outright bullying which I'd describe as repeated personal attacks, threats, or verbal abuse. During the few instances when I'd seen some members attempt these, the mods would always step in and make sure to take appropriate precautions it doesn't happen again.

Not trying to invalidate anyone's experience here, I don't condone bullying of any kind.

Last edited by [Xmas]; 15-05-24 at 16:20.
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 16:43   #409
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
I mean, I’ve literally seen people bully charmed about his weight in some general chat once. I also see arguments that land with very personal attacks, look at the remastered forum translation feedback thread. And all the maga vs woke debates.

I’m just saying there’s some truth that bullying exists here, just as it exists on every forum and just as it exists on twitter tbh, but it for sure feels louder here for some reason.
It feels louder here cause were a much smaller and intimate group.

In regards to CD not having a presence here anymore its clearly a choice on their end. The obvious one being as i stated earlier that social media reaches a significantly larger audience than this forum. Plus, as it is very obvious, this forum is mostly made up of Classic fans and very passionate ones. Additionally, CD as a company clearly has a very left ("Woke") political mindset while this forum, from what i can see, is very right (MAGA) leaning.

At least in other corners of the internet there is a large variety to the fan base.

Last edited by Tommy123; 15-05-24 at 17:02.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 16:52   #410
Bashar

Agree with you guys, well… I’m hoping classic fans are going to continue being respected. I’m not sure how balanced the fans are outside of this forum.