Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 21-06-20, 14:21   #61
Chamayoo

It's official she's been the Natural History Museum ? Actually we could pretend it's the British Museum easily as it wasn't mentioned ingame, IIRC.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-20, 22:05   #62
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
It's official she's been the Natural History Museum ? Actually we could pretend it's the British Museum easily as it wasn't mentioned ingame, IIRC.
Yes, it was. Lud explicitly tells her to get embalming fluid from the Natural History Museum.

https://youtu.be/iBNLC6i_C3I?t=103

Also, the 'Egyptian lass' never shows up.

Last edited by ggctuk; 24-06-23 at 07:26.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-20, 22:26   #63
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I always wondered who they are.

Seems like TRIII had cut content; judging from the deleted duck-roll move and knife, Peru levels, messy London levels, Caves of Kaliya and that “Egyptian lass”.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-20, 23:48   #64
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Yes, it was. Lud explicitly tells her to get embalming fluid from the Natural History Museum.

EDIT: 1:43 mark in this video.

[youtube]iBNLC6i_C3I[youtube]

Typical me, missing out the important details in cutscenes. Thank you !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Seems like TRIII had cut content; judging from the deleted duck-roll move and knife, Peru levels, messy London levels, Caves of Kaliya and that “Egyptian lass”.
Yeah, or maybe the cutscenes introducing every locations. I mean, I'm not sure about every other ones but India wasn't supposed to have a cutscene at the very start of the game ? By the way it made things all abrupt.
About Peru, I don't know how far they go with it, but could be abandoned very early to be considered as something.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 21-06-20 at 23:53.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-20, 08:42   #65
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I always wondered who they are.

I think the egyptian lass isn't supposed to show it's only a rumor propagated like all thoses tales about killer mummy, maledictions and stuff. In fact it remain me of the tale of the ''unluckly mummy'' I have read when I was a young child on my egyptian books.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-20, 04:40   #66
JoelCaesar

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the "Egyptian Lass" was going to be an additional boss fight but they cut it for time constraints or because the level was already too long.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 16:48   #67
Caesum

Yet another thing I grew to hate in Tomb Raider III is most of the boss fights. They are either extremely easy (Tony, Puna) or horribly hard (Willard). I only enjoyed Sophia Leigh, she was pretty easy too iirc, but at least there was an interesting way to get rid of her.

And why I'm saying the above: my mother was playing Tomb Raider III for the first time, after completing and loving TR1 and 2. She had a hard time playing this game though because it was way too unforgiving compared to the earlier installments. Some places made her stuck for months until I came back home to help her. She managed to get to Willard eventually but failed at killing him.
I tried and oh my God, what a horrible, ****y mess that fight was, like really wow lol.

I feel like there's just so much wrong with it. This boss fight is literally one mistake and you're dead. You can't get too close because Willard will throw avada kedavra, you can't avoid the spell because it follows you. You can't hide behind corners because Willard throws it every 2 seconds. You can't be too far from Willard because Lara won't aim. You literally have to run in circles around the meteorite while shooting to make Willard stop and only then you might have the chance to get the artifacts. If you don't have enough bullets in desert eagle you might just as well give up.

I mean, I love when boss fights are difficult, but only if it involves cunning ways of dealing with the enemy. But when a game makes both you and your parent scream and swear in front of the monitor (my dad was absolutely SHOCKED LOL), then it shows something is terribly wrong with it.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 18:52   #68
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Does this situation give you stress and anxiety the more you die besides in this TR game? Because at some point that's the thing that makes me feel I can't appreciate with so much failure with me trying to defeat this whole game without dying whether if I'm trying to complete it in New game or New game+ (the data with unlimited weapons). You know what I mean?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 22:28   #69
Kurtis6

To me TR III have some bad design choices and some setbacks compared with the previous installments:

- Return of Crystals
- Not showing on the corner what item did we got
- India Levels too dark on PS1
- Level difficulty
- Bad level design in London levels
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 00:05   #70
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis6 View Post
To me TR III have some bad design choices and some setbacks compared with the previous installments:

- Return of Crystals
- Not showing on the corner what item did we got
- India Levels too dark on PS1
- Level difficulty
- Bad level design in London levels
Ok. I understand what your frustration is with this TR game. Even I know some people don't care about TR3. How many of you people find it frustrating to try to use the kayak in Madubu Gorge?

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 09-04-22 at 00:06. Reason: I needed to fix one of my misspelled words
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote