www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 27-11-20, 15:11   #11
LaraCablara
Professor

I always thought the manor should have been a reward for finding all the secrets and could have been a level showing Lara prepare for going to Egypt. Like solving puzzles in the manor to get the compass, binoculars, etc.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 22:22   #12
maximum_123
Relic Hunter

I remember reading something about the idea of not including Lara's Home in TR4 was for the feeling of isolation? Similar to TR5.

I think the idea was that you're stuck in the Egyptian setting for the whole game, and that trapped feeling would be lost if you could jump in/out of the Manor. Same for TR5 to keep the suspension that Lara had died, rather than skipping to present day in the Manor.
maximum_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 11:22   #13
tombkrc
Student

Does anyone else think this game is too long and samey? Every single time I try to replay I'm having a ton of fun until about halfway through and at that point it becomes a chore to get through.

It's literally the only Core game that does this for me. I can replay 1,2,3 and even Chronicles without getting bored multiple times/year.
Old 01-12-20, 12:07   #14
Joey79100
Professor

^
This is what you're looking for: Last Revelation UNappreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The title of this thread
21st Anniversary Special Appreciation Thread
Old 02-12-20, 08:46   #15
SachinCroft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
^
This is what you're looking for: Last Revelation UNappreciation Thread
Most of the reasons in that thread are baseless and biased.

Last edited by SachinCroft; 02-12-20 at 15:56. Reason: Misunderstood previous reply
SachinCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 13:57   #16
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinCroft View Post
Most of the reasons in that thread are baseless and biased.
Nice Try but I can't hate the game which actually give us tombs to raid in ; )
I think you've misunderstood Joey's intentions. He was responding to tombkrc whose post was on the negative side in an appreciation thread, so Joey was giving the link to tombkrc.

Anyhoo, I really enjoy TR4, it's my favourite of the Core era, even though it has a few issues. What's not to like? Egypt, pyramids, tombs, an interesting story involving an apocalypse, the relationship between Lara and Werner, among other things.

Last edited by Rai; 02-12-20 at 14:02.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 15:57   #17
SachinCroft
Hobbyist

I am really sorry I misunderstood previous reply of Joey 😅
Thanks for reading! TR4 is my fav. Too along with TR1

Last edited by SachinCroft; 02-12-20 at 15:58.
Old 03-12-20, 12:33   #18
tombkrc
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I think you've misunderstood Joey's intentions. He was responding to tombkrc whose post was on the negative side in an appreciation thread, so Joey was giving the link to tombkrc.

Anyhoo, I really enjoy TR4, it's my favourite of the Core era, even though it has a few issues. What's not to like? Egypt, pyramids, tombs, an interesting story involving an apocalypse, the relationship between Lara and Werner, among other things.
Not sure if it was really negative. I did say that I really, really enjoy the first half of the game
Old 07-12-20, 14:02   #19
Night Crawler
Professor

I feel Tomb Raider 4 gets underlooked most of the time. It took everything that was great that came before, and put it all together in what I've always considered the best game in the franchise. Whenever there's talks of remaking the classics, I always feel a bit like this one wouldn't make the cut and the focus would be more on the first 3 games.
Old 08-12-20, 04:16   #20
SachinCroft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
I feel Tomb Raider 4 gets underlooked most of the time. It took everything that was great that came before, and put it all together in what I've always considered the best game in the franchise. Whenever there's talks of remaking the classics, I always feel a bit like this one wouldn't make the cut and the focus would be more on the first 3 games.
Exactly! It's sad that TOmb Raider 4 doesn't get the love and respect that it deserves. You're right about only first 3 games getting remaster in future. I would be most saddest person if TR4 doesn't get remaster and only first 3 gets them. I don't care about TR5 because it was just for money, developers didn't put their soul In TR5 but in TR4 coredesign putted their everything to make it best. Sadly people don't see the beauty of this game. 😔