www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-06-21, 14:06   #2241
redfox45
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Tomb Raider Anniversary Retold? The swimming is styled after that from Cores cancelled Anniversary Edition, but it's a fast dolphin swim like TRU.
Wicked! Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere

So jealous of people who can do that in real life. What a badass way of moving through the water.
Old 11-06-21, 00:12   #2242
Raider99
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Almost forgot to post it here oops.

WIP: Heavy vertical door opening

Originally based on this idea by Apofyse. (at 3:45)
Finish it. Now. Thank you.
When it abruptly ends like that, ugh... Need to see the rest...

Last edited by Raider99; 11-06-21 at 00:15.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 18:31   #2243
Raymi6
Hobbyist

Testing out my very first "proper" animation with 3DS Max. Replacing the grabing one. It doesn't look very organic but I haven't done any of the transitions and trying to fix Lara's position on the ledge.

https://imgur.com/a/irFWJHn
Raymi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 23:42   #2244
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Default New moves and animations in Dark City Part 2

In the past few months, Lima upscaled first five levels of Dark City Part 2, and in particular first two levels which were released as Demo version years ago. Some enemies were remade and some were made from scratch and added to the game. The Inventory and all Inventory items are remade and upscaled. Some traps were added to the first two levels, lava is upscaled and now looks really amazing, and so on. Entire new gameplay is added to the second level, after some players and reviewers rightfully criticized lack of gameplay in the second level of Dark City Part 2 Demo.

But the most important thing added to the game is NEW MOVES for our dear Lara. Lima and I spent months and months developing these new animations and moves and even more months testing them in all kinds of situations. In the video below you can watch a Sneak Preview of Dark City Part 2, where I also showed these new animations and moves for Lara Croft. They all work like a charm!

Believe it or not, we developed these new animations and moves in WAD Merger (do not even ask, it was worse than a nightmare, but it was worth it).

Some new animations and moves we developed for Dark City Part 2 now include (in addition to standard moves and animations):

1) Quick 180-degree turn when standing (in addition to classic Roll) - this is not only a timesaver but also useful for gameplay, as Lara will now turn and face the other way in a second, without moving to the other side of the square as in standard Roll
2) When hanging on monkey swing bars, Lara can now lift herself to the ceiling and remain there for a moment, or for a longer period of time, and then drop down to hanging again - This is very useful when you must avoid some traps below Lara.
3) Duck while running (also works when Lara holds weapons in her hands and shoots) - Very useful when you must go through low traps and you have no time to waste due to a timed run or such
4) Drop down to the floor facing up and down, and jump back up to standing again - For now, useful when an enemy drops Lara to the floor, she can now quickly stand up and run away from it
5) Jump forward from Monkey Swing - also important for gameplay
6) Additional backflip - important for gameplay, as this flip covers a bit more distance than the standard backflip (standard backflip included)
7) And our masterpiece of which we are in particular proud - Quick 180-degree turn while crawling (works like a charm in crawlspaces) - This is not important for gameplay but it is a huge timesaver and it was really, really hard to create this particular animation

There are some other animations as well which I didn't include in the video, such as: while hanging on the edge and shimmying, Lara can now lift her legs to avoid burners and traps below her.

In the video you can see these new animations and moves and some new elements, enemies and traps added to the Dark City Part 2 - Level One

Enjoy!

PS: No, we still don't know when he'll finish the game. I can tell you, however, that he is working diligently on Dark City Part 2. He is currently upscaling the first six levels and parallel levels in terms of gameplay, objects, effects and graphics. Once this tedious work is completed in a few months, he will build last levels. I can also tell you that most objects, enemies, animated objects etc. for last levels have already been created. I also created hundreds of new puzzles and items and objects for Dark City Part 2, to help the builder accelerate his work.

Sneak Preview of Dark City Part 2 - First Level:

https://youtu.be/VGqoRBxo1Ro

Last edited by Nina Croft; 02-08-21 at 00:02.
Nina Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 09:18   #2245
Titak

Holyshlamoly! That looks awesome!

180 turn while crawling is brilliant.
But the other new moves are great as well.

Great work on the objects, environments and what not.
Old 02-08-21, 17:22   #2246
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Holyshlamoly! That looks awesome!

180 turn while crawling is brilliant.
But the other new moves are great as well.

Great work on the objects, environments and what not.
On behalf of the level builder, THANK YOU, Titak! Your feedback and support mean a lot to him! Thank you on my behalf as well!

And also, after Dark City Part 2 is released, some two-three months upon release, we will share all these new animations with the community. We will also share all static objects, puzzles, textures, enemies, animated objects etc., with the community.
Old 02-08-21, 17:53   #2247
Felix Kroft
Student

Amazing stuff!
And why am i seeing this just now
Got to come here more often then heheh

Is there any way to import AOD model to TR3 by the way?
Or some animations from AOD too?
Old 02-08-21, 21:28   #2248
Kubsy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Croft View Post
On behalf of the level builder, THANK YOU, Titak! Your feedback and support mean a lot to him! Thank you on my behalf as well!

And also, after Dark City Part 2 is released, some two-three months upon release, we will share all these new animations with the community. We will also share all static objects, puzzles, textures, enemies, animated objects etc., with the community.
Wow I can't wait for the release

I'm so glad to hear that you will be releasing the assets, I love that 180 degree turn in crawlspace and it would be really helpful
Old 03-08-21, 10:10   #2249
MBog
Archaeologist

OMG THOSE NEW ANIMATIONS AND EFFECTSSSS They look so good!!!

The cutscenes enemies level detail its sooooooo incredible!

This level is going to be a cultural reset!
Old 03-08-21, 12:02   #2250
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
Wow I can't wait for the release

I'm so glad to hear that you will be releasing the assets, I love that 180 degree turn in crawlspace and it would be really helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
OMG THOSE NEW ANIMATIONS AND EFFECTSSSS They look so good!!!

The cutscenes enemies level detail its sooooooo incredible!

This level is going to be a cultural reset!
Well, I apologize for usurping this thread (that wasn't my intention), but I must thank you for your support. That means a lot to the builder, and also to me. I can say to my defense that my YouTube videos don't have ads, lol

Bear in mind that the geometry textures and most textures on objects are still tiny. Geometry textures are 64x64, believe it or not The idea was to create a "link" with Part 1 in terms of graphics and to show the progress of the builder's skills as well. As the game progresses, the graphics gets better and better in later levels. 128x128 textures are gradually added, a bit in the second level, a bit more in the third, etc.

But the graphics is still not the best the game has to offer. Great attention is paid to the gameplay. For instance, the second level of the Demo was rightfully criticized by the players for the lack of gameplay. Now the second level is twice as big and long, as we both worked diligently on developing its gameplay and puzzles. Sneak Preview of the second level should be released by September, so stay tuned

The total gameplay time of the sixth level, for instance, is THREE HOURS (net, believe it or not).

Once again: thank you all for your support. It literally gives the builder wings.