www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 04-07-21, 22:35   #1
mulder1989
Hobbyist

Default Going on top of the Great Wall?

Hey everyone! I recently started playing TR2 rando and I'm hooked

I'm trying to find all secrets on all levels and I'm currently stuck at the Great Wall - it seems that I have the first secret somewhere on top of the great wall, where it is impossible to jump, as it's surrounded by slopes.

I was wondering whether any of you have managed to get up there using some kind of glitch? If yes, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share a kind of guide of how you managed to do it

Thanks!
mulder1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 22:41   #2
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder1989 View Post
Hey everyone! I recently started playing TR2 rando and I'm hooked

I'm trying to find all secrets on all levels and I'm currently stuck at the Great Wall - it seems that I have the first secret somewhere on top of the great wall, where it is impossible to jump, as it's surrounded by slopes.

I was wondering whether any of you have managed to get up there using some kind of glitch? If yes, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share a kind of guide of how you managed to do it

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

If you're talking about the area that I think you're talking about, then I have seen videos of people making it to the top, but there aren't any secrets up there. I probably won't be able to dig up any of the videos, but maybe somebody else might be able to link you to a video.
Old 04-07-21, 22:49   #3
mulder1989
Hobbyist

Hey Greenapple968, thank you for the welcome and reply!

I've seen one video of a speedrunner who made it up there and actually found a secret in the TR2 randomizer (it was even behind the top of the great wall, basically in the "black" area outside the level boundaries), but as he wasn't narrating the glitch he was trying to do, it's very hard to understand the actual mechanics.. Anyway, here's hoping!
Old 04-07-21, 22:54   #4
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder1989 View Post
Hey Greenapple968, thank you for the welcome and reply!

I've seen one video of a speedrunner who made it up there and actually found a secret in the TR2 randomizer (it was even behind the top of the great wall, basically in the "black" area outside the level boundaries), but as he wasn't narrating the glitch he was trying to do, it's very hard to understand the actual mechanics.. Anyway, here's hoping!
No problem.

I wouldn't read too much into it if we're talking about a randomizer; things are very different when randomizers are used, and there probably isn't anything up there under normal circumstances.
Old 05-07-21, 00:59   #5
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Hey! This may not be helpful but - are you talking about the surrounds and roofs of the SECOND area? (with the guardhouse key in the lake?)

If so - to get to the roof requires you to detour via the high hills near the OTHER roof (keyhole roof). You run around and jump the green expanse avoiding slopes all the way to, the original roof which is high enough to climb onto from a great wall rando I've watched..the secret was not up there but.. very close and a bit more sneaky on the ground floor level of that area. Hint. Use the camera to see inside objects this may not apply to you though. Good luck!

I do not believe you can access the roof above the keyhole though
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 08:18   #6
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Hey! This may not be helpful but - are you talking about the surrounds and roofs of the SECOND area? (with the guardhouse key in the lake?)
That is the place that I was thinking of.
Old 05-07-21, 09:23   #7
mulder1989
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post

If so - to get to the roof requires you to detour via the high hills near the OTHER roof (keyhole roof). You run around and jump the green expanse avoiding slopes all the way to, the original roof which is high enough to climb onto from a great wall rando I've watched..the secret was not up there but.. very close and a bit more sneaky on the ground floor level of that area. Hint. Use the camera to see inside objects this may not apply to you though. Good luck!

I do not believe you can access the roof above the keyhole though
Hey mizuno_suisei, thanks for the suggestion! Actually I was talking about the part of the great wall at the very beginning of the level - basically the "mountains" around the hole where Lara lands at the beginning of the level. I have already been to the roofs in the second area following the method you described, and found the second secret there That's why I'm pretty sure the first one is in the area at the beginning of the level!
Old 05-07-21, 09:30   #8
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Ah!!

Thanks for the feedback.

From memory- the small room at the very very start slope where Lara falls (the sky area) is only a single slope around each edge- I dont beleive you can actually climb back up here at all - so dont worry too much about the secret being up there.

Now a few steps ahead in the main first area with the tiger and pool and helicopter overhead. The (sky) room at the top of this area is also quite small and doesnt actually have a climbable roof at all afaik (unlike the next much larger guardhouse key area)

Youd assume in real life these two main zones are connected via the sky - however there is no actual physical portal ingame between them.

I keep delaying installing TR2 rando
Gotta get onto it!

A final suggestion but only if you're happy to give yourself some clues.
You can rotate around the great wall map (and other TR levels) here
https://popov72.github.io/TRN2/

Could use it to see what areas you can climb etc, what wont be worth your time sleuthing at. maybe more of a last resort if you begin hair pulling hah!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 05-07-21 at 09:35.
Old 05-07-21, 10:03   #9
perryloo
Historian

Once you get into the larger area with the deep pool, which is beyond the first gatehouse tower, you can work your way around the whole area and end up on top of the gatehouse tower and find the first glitch in TR2, and that's an area which is untextured

Map...
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...2&postcount=33

Last edited by perryloo; 05-07-21 at 14:36.
perryloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:07   #10
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Once you get into the larger area with the deep pool, which is beyond the first gatehouse tower, you can work your way around the whole area and end up on top of the gatehouse tower and find the first glitch in TR2, and that's an area which is untextured

Map...
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...2&postcount=33
"You do not have permission to view this thread"

Eh..what?

You also described the 2nd guardhouse surrounds method much better than I did ahaha thankyou!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 05-07-21 at 10:08.