www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 09-04-07, 14:51   #101
Jin Uzuki
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipolinne View Post
Jin,first of all,thank you for your PM !

Now ...

I must say,at the beginning,I thought it was too dark and heavy for celebration,but then I understood how its intensity was worthy of Lara!

Not Lara,the videogame character per se, but the icon,the symbol! The scenes are edited and mixed in a way we no longer care about the difference in graphic quality, in a way where all the scenes from the different games blend in something new and unique,capable of transmitting TR's strenght!

And the music seems to tease and haunt us...sorry my mature metaphor,but it seems the music starts seducing and then finally ****ing us !

Fantastic!

And Greenkey,what a voice you have !
I think I kind of get what you mean with your metaphor! Some slow music at first, and an explosive one at the end!

Yes, it's nice you noticed the transitions. I really wanted to make it seem that with every passing Tomb Raider game (Core or CD), there will always be that one theme that will be omnipresent: the Tomb Raider legacy (how it's become a phenomenon) and the Lara Croft icon (how she's become an phenomenon). Thanks a lot for commenting Pipo!
Old 09-04-07, 14:52   #102
tr_mitch
Tomb Raider

Awesome Job Jin.
tr_mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 14:53   #103
Jin Uzuki
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkey2 View Post
Thank you all so much for your comments! Really, Jin deserves 99% of the credit
But I must say, Jenni, I couldn't have done it without you. Seriously! Your 1% (as you say) does big wonders for the video! Thanks again! (I can't seem to thank her enough...)
Old 09-04-07, 15:22   #104
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Great work. All the music really suited the video, especially the Kingdom Hearts II music for the biography bit.
Old 09-04-07, 15:49   #105
Dingaling
Golden

Thanks for the PM Jin! And I'm glad you sent me it otherwise I may have missed out on this absolutely fantastic video - it gave me goosebumps at one point it was that good (or I just went extremely cold, either way, I still got goosebumps watching it) . Music was excellent, the editing was brilliant (wait, was that a change in game there? I never noticed!) and the whole thing was just great in celebrating ten years of Tomb Raider and Lara .

Would you like me to add this to the Anni. FAQ? .
Old 09-04-07, 15:58   #106
Jin Uzuki
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
Thanks for the PM Jin! And I'm glad you sent me it otherwise I may have missed out on this absolutely fantastic video - it gave me goosebumps at one point it was that good (or I just went extremely cold, either way, I still got goosebumps watching it) . Music was excellent, the editing was brilliant (wait, was that a change in game there? I never noticed!) and the whole thing was just great in celebrating ten years of Tomb Raider and Lara .

Would you like me to add this to the Anni. FAQ? .
Thanks! I'm glad you got goosebumps (whatever got you to)! Wow, you'd add this to the FAQ? It's up to you my friend! Thanks!
Old 09-04-07, 16:22   #107
Gomes
Archaeologist

Wow, Jenni, you're a great Lara! What a voice, it sounds so right!

Very nice video, Jin, good choice of scenes. The slideshow is a bit too fast for reading, though, I had to pause.
Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 16:28   #108
Jin Uzuki
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
Wow, Jenni, you're a great Lara! What a voice, it sounds so right!

Very nice video, Jin, good choice of scenes. The slideshow is a bit too fast for reading, though, I had to pause.
If you're interested, Gomes, I've provided a link to the full tribute article in the first post. Thanks for watching!
Old 09-04-07, 16:29   #109
Clara [CA]
Professor

This video is amazing ! First I have to say that Greenkey sounds absolutely like Lara ! I had to check it was her, because as I know TR in French I wasn't sure if those were official sentences or not. They weren't but the point is I believed they were

I had forgotten how many things TR and Lara were through during 10 years (like she was a nominee for Time etc...), and how she is now a real icon. Your video reminds me all of that, and it's probably the best I've have seen so far about the TR and Lara phenomenon.

One last thing : Immediate Music... me likes
Old 09-04-07, 16:32   #110
Jin Uzuki
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara [CA] View Post
This video is amazing ! First I have to say that Greenkey sounds absolutely like Lara ! I had to check it was her, because as I know TR in French I wasn't sure if those were official sentences or not. They weren't but the point is I believed they were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara [CA] View Post
I had forgotten how many things TR and Lara were through during 10 years (like she was a nominee for Time etc...), and how she is now a real icon. Your video reminds me all of that, and it's probably the best I've have seen so far about the TR and Lara phenomenon.

One last thing : Immediate Music... me likes
Well if all those 7hrs of making this vid (and writing the article) sums up to reminding the fans of what Tomb Raider is and what Lara Croft has been able to achieve as an icon, then NO SWEAT! Thanks!