Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 19-01-09, 22:20   #121
Angelina Jolie
Inactive

That's the deal, that I kept building, I even created so many things after that...
And the good thing is that the problem is just that point, since your program is telling me that the face is wrong textured.

Last edited by Angelina Jolie; 19-01-09 at 22:21.
Angelina Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 22:25   #122
meta2tr

Do you know which face has the collapsed texture? If you do, select that face on the object, hit UV, select the tile with the texture (where you see the UV points unified) and hit "project". This will create a new shape on the Tile. Next you move the points on the tile to where they were before.
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 22:31   #123
Angelina Jolie
Inactive

Oh thanks mate! I'll try.
Old 20-01-09, 06:32   #124
kaufi-lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta2tr View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean add faces to a room and then uvmap textures to them?
Yes exactly. That would be really usefull. We could make the level even more detailed. (maybe it works and I'm just too stupid to get it work )
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 20:10   #125
meta2tr

You can add detail to levels. There are tutorials and a demo level here.

Last edited by meta2tr; 29-12-11 at 10:15. Reason: Updated link
Old 12-02-09, 04:24   #126
Angelina Jolie
Inactive

Quote:
It's easy to unfix lighting but it can create other problems, I will explain how to do it first, then how to avoid the problems.

- First, go to the menu Panel, make sure "Material Panel" is ticked, if it is then you can see the Tiles listed in the materials panel.
- Next find the Tile in the list that has the textures of the mesh you need to relight. Double-click on it. This opens the Materials dialog (like this).
- Untick "Vertex Color" and change shader to "Classic".
- Click OK. The lighting has now been unfixed on any faces textured with this tile.
- Continue with any other faces whose lighting you want to unfix.
Now you can use the sphere to change the light direction as you want.

So here is the pitfall. Unfixing a tile's lighting affects all faces textured with that tile. For example, if you have an object in a room, like the sphere here, when you unfix the lighting on the sphere, this will unfix the lighting in parts of the room too.

The solution is to isolate the faces you want to relight to a separate MetaSequoia file, relight them from there, then remerge them into the room.

Good luck

EDIT if you just want to add shadows to your room, it's easier just to darken the vertices using "VClr", for example, like on the edge of the hole in this image. If you want specific shadow shapes on the ground, you can use "Knife" to cut the shape you want and darken the faces in the shape.

Thanks again Meta2TR! Unfortunately for some reason the method is not working anymore. I tried today to do it, and it didnt work. I choose my object, its material. Unchecked the vertex box and erase the material's location. It turned gray as it was supposed, but when I move the sphere, nothing happens. Any other way to get it?

Last edited by Angelina Jolie; 12-02-09 at 04:25.
Old 12-02-09, 10:47   #127
Dustie

Quote:
Dustie, I wish there was a way of doing all this directly in the editor, it would be so much better. But it would require lots of changes to the editor and the tom2pc program. I doubt it will happen.
I'd be enought if we could write the changes into the PRJ file, so we could still open the project and continue editing... Though I suppose PRJ format uses some basic commands to describe the geometry and thus there's no way to make it properly carry detail...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 19:34   #128
meta2tr

AJ : I can't see why it's not working. I don't know of any other method either. Sorry! When your object was grey, was it a flat grey or were there light and dark spots ?

Dustie : I haven't considered reshaping rooms within the PRJ file because even if the PRJ format was compatible I assume that the level editor and tom2pc would have to be modified to cope.

Last edited by meta2tr; 12-02-09 at 19:42.
Old 13-02-09, 08:22   #129
aktrekker

The PRJ file only handles square sectors. No way to add enhanced geometry.
If it was possible, only winroomedit would have to change. tom2pc just takes the mesh as it is in the tom file.
aktrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-09, 09:58   #130
Dustie

Bummer... Oh well. Guess we should rather focus on good CAD software then.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote