Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 24-04-19, 14:10   #321
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
So Kitana is pure garbage in this game, girl bye
She’s really not, I said this to myself yesterday. Until I actually practiced with her and learned some of her moves. Have you even sat down and played with her? If you haven’t then of course she would be trash. You just have to learn her all over again. They said they switched up her moves and made them more graceful. I haven’t tampered with customization yet but i will soon.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 14:53   #322
jarekhanzelka

Seeing how Cyrax and Sector had the same old moves, and wouldnt gimme a fatal blow no matter how hard Id prompt them to, I'm guessing those actually won't be in any DLC. :/
jarekhanzelka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 15:50   #323
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
Seeing how Cyrax and Sector had the same old moves, and wouldnt gimme a fatal blow no matter how hard Id prompt them to, I'm guessing those actually won't be in any DLC. :/
Sort of like how Sindel had her old moves. Ed did say no previous DLC characters would return as DLC. So they wouldn’t return anyway.
Old 24-04-19, 17:27   #324
Heartache

dlc characters leaked, so if someone really wants to know they just need to google
Heartache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 21:47   #325
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
i loved the story, except the last chapter. cant wait to discuss with you guys.
I'm right there with you, the final chapter felt rushed and lazy, with the very ending itself being almost laughably poor. The fact there's only one ending is a bit of a letdown, too.

Right up until the ending it was a stellar ride, though. Admittedly not as impressive as Injustice 2's, simply because I2 actually showed a bit of innovation and the story at large was more interesting to me, but still immensely enjoyable all the same.

---

On an unrelated note, I'm really avidly not a fan of the skins in this game. By that I mean the fact it's basically three skins with dozens of slight color variations per character. I was expecting to be able to re-color my stuff as I saw fit. :/
Old 24-04-19, 22:59   #326
tomee

Personally I didn't enjoy the storytelling in general, not just the ending. The characters themselves were written very well, but I feel there were too many storylines going at the same time and none of them got enough spotlight. Also weirdly enough the past characters have seemed to have taken center stage while several current characters were doing **** all. Revenant Kitana and Liu Kang for example did pretty much nothing between the first and last chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Sort of like how Sindel had her old moves. Ed did say no previous DLC characters would return as DLC. So they wouldn’t return anyway.
Didn't he also explicitly say there wouldn't be any NPC characters though? Because right now they both are.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 23:30   #327
jarekhanzelka

^ Having revenant Liu Kang and Kitana reduced into glorified bodyguards while their past selves randomly become the literal new masters of all time was certainly a head scratcher, I agree. I also think the individual storylines certainly could've been better interconnected (D'vorah </3). Still couldn't help but fangirl through most of the campaign anyway (except the bit where modern Jax goes full retard, I hated that plot thread with a passion). And I certainly expected a lot more from Cetrion.

Last edited by jarekhanzelka; 24-04-19 at 23:32.
Old 25-04-19, 00:42   #328
ActuallyArlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Omg Sektor was so annnnoying.
Did you pick Subs or Scorps to fight him? I just chose Scorps for the yellow vs yellow thing
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 01:52   #329
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Did you pick Subs or Scorps to fight him? I just chose Scorps for the yellow vs yellow thing
I picked Sub Zero and got tossed around the screen like clothes in a washer.

I’m actually getting better with Kitana. I can’t be any happier, even though most of the combos I do come from me accidentally pressing the wrong buttons but I am happy.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 25-04-19 at 01:54.
Old 25-04-19, 02:27   #330
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
^ Having revenant Liu Kang and Kitana SPOILERS was certainly a head scratcher, I agree. I also think the individual storylines certainly could've been better interconnected (D'vorah </3). Still couldn't help but fangirl through most of the campaign anyway (except the bit where SPOILERS, I hated that plot thread with a passion). And I certainly expected a lot more from Cetrion.
I think the ending of the campaign has me SPOILERS disappointed. The game spent so much time exploring the Cage family that it felt like a wet fart to end it on Liu Kang, a characters that got the least development time in the story. At least Kitana got a full story arc and being called Kitana Kahn had be rolling in joy.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote