www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 13-10-21, 21:16   #201
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Not gonna argue about the accent, but the game made no effort to tell you the valley was 'hidden'. Quite the contrary actually. It tells you the Soviets made use of the place once they arrived and enslaved its people, there were also many docs in the valley speaking of the Soviet invasion as the latest and most dangerous invasion they've ever had to deal with, meaning their peace was breached many times before in their history.
Sorry, I sometimes get the ridiculousness of the hidden Remnant people confused with the ridiculousness of Paititi - both sort of just blend together for me and show the lack of creativity in the Survivor trilogy post-TR2013.

But even if the Remnant dealt with invasion multiple times, the most recent being during the Soviet era, it still doesn't make sense that they managed to stay hidden from the 90s onwards with such things as aerial topography becoming common place. But hey, I know, it's a game etc.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 01:41   #202
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Sorry, I sometimes get the ridiculousness of the hidden Remnant people confused with the ridiculousness of Paititi - both sort of just blend together for me and show the lack of creativity in the Survivor trilogy post-TR2013.

But even if the Remnant dealt with invasion multiple times, the most recent being during the Soviet era, it still doesn't make sense that they managed to stay hidden from the 90s onwards with such things as aerial topography becoming common place. But hey, I know, it's a game etc.
There are hidden villages that actually exist right? I remember when I was in high school back in 2011 when a helicopter just flying by an uncommon area happened to see a tribe of people below. It was in Time Magazine or National Geographic or something. There probably are other hidden tribes in the world that we don't know about because we don't fly everywhere in the world.

Edit

Actually there is another tribe of people that we know about, but don't fly over because they've actually killed anyone whose ever tried to come into contact with them. I forgot their name, but airspace and boating is banned in that area, I'll post a YT video about it later when I have time.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 14-10-21 at 01:43.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 04:55   #203
Ellioft
Professor

I remember to have read in the walktrough manual this : The city of Paititi is hidden by the natural fumes of the volcanos making it invisible (not by magic of course but by science"
Old 14-10-21, 06:01   #204
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

I thought the remnants were simply rural people living in the middle of Siberia, no big deal.
Paititi on the other hand was a far more incredible discovery with a tribe of people that we thought lost from centuries. Didn't there is this explanation that Trinity was hiding the village from decades, also ?

Last edited by Chamayoo; 14-10-21 at 06:03.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 07:04   #205
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I thought the remnants were simply rural people living in the middle of Siberia, no big deal.
Paititi on the other hand was a far more incredible discovery with a tribe of people that we thought lost from centuries. Didn't there is this explanation that Trinity was hiding the village from decades, also ?
For the Remnants I always thought in was the cast of NPC in Skyrim that where lost in a TR game

I think there's something about it I will check out when I have time
Old 14-10-21, 08:04   #206
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

The Remnants were not a secret society. They were just secluded. Their "big secret" was that they were actually Byzantines alive ever since the Middle Ages.

Paititi on the other hand had never had any connections with the outside world whatsoever and Trinity were actively monitoring them. The guards in the green outfit were trinity operatives stationed there to make sure no one left / no one entered.

Also, the tribe charmed is talking about must be the Sentinel Island tribe. They live somewhere in-between India and Sri Lanka. I think their story, what little we know of it, is quite fascinating!!

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 14-10-21 at 08:05.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 08:27   #207
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Well. It is not hidden now. Is it. Lara was here, and after Lara was here, Trinity wasn't anymore. <3
Old 14-10-21, 11:39   #208
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Also, the tribe charmed is talking about must be the Sentinel Island tribe. They live somewhere in-between India and Sri Lanka. I think their story, what little we know of it, is quite fascinating!!
I wonder if this tribe have inspired the TR3 tribe
Old 14-10-21, 13:36   #209
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I wonder if this tribe have inspired the TR3 tribe
They're (the TRIII) supposed to be somewhere in the Pacific Island and although the artifacts and stuff are supposed to be Polynesian the tribe is clearly depicted as Melanesian

I think they just based them off of the tired trope that tribes in the South Pacific are "evil un-Christian cannibals"
Old 14-10-21, 13:44   #210
Jathom95
Explorer

Oh, not that again.

It's been talked about in the General Tomb Raider section. TR3 wasn't doing the "evil cannibal tribe" trope. They're possessed by the meteorite artifact and the cannibal story was to keep people away from the island. The tribe leader used the artifact on the tribe to bend them to his will.

That's all it is.

Last edited by Jathom95; 14-10-21 at 13:47.
Jathom95 is online now   Reply With Quote