www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 13-10-21, 16:23   #681
reborninshadow
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Are there any let's plays that use this mod on youtube? I'd like to see it in action as I don't own a PC anymore.
I don't think so but I may upload a full playthrough eventually once there isn't much left to do.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 16:47   #682
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Are there any let's plays that use this mod on youtube? I'd like to see it in action as I don't own a PC anymore.
Oh, I didn't realize that was the case for you KIKO. I wish there was some way for you to actually experience it. Watching playthroughs are definitely the next best thing though.
Old 13-10-21, 21:21   #683
Bio_Cell
Hobbyist

What do you guys think about the possibility of Janice and the dealer being removed after the conversation with Lara? I mean, I always thought their static presence was annoying and unrealistic. Could it be possible to remove them after Lara leaves the first ghetto area?
Bio_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 22:47   #684
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Well the dealer is supposed to appear dead some time after speaking to Lara, right? And Janice is supposed to... tend to other people I mean the animations exist, right? Leaning towards a car window or something...
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 23:25   #685
Jathom95
Explorer

I think the unused Janice animations are from earlier in development when Parisian Ghetto was fairly full of people and was twice the size. Plus, there's nowhere in the final game where they could be utilized anyway.

The drug dealer was mentioned as you've said earlier as one of the potential people Kurtis beats up/kills for info. But I don't think him suddenly disappearing and showing up dead without any context besides Kurtis running away would add much.

I'm not particularly annoyed by either of them standing there constantly. It's part of both of their trades. Janice is a prostitute, so it makes sense that she's waiting around for her next "client". And the drug dealer is self-explanatory.

Last edited by Jathom95; 13-10-21 at 23:29.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 02:52   #686
KIKO
Relic Hunter

I don't know if the drug dealer has any death animations but if the player found his dead body after that Kurtis cutscene, they'd probably think Kurtis killed him and that was the original intention.
Old 14-10-21, 04:24   #687
Boobandie
Professor

Was it? I thought Murti's notes only implied Kurtis beat him up to show his rougher style. Killing the guy seems extreme.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 04:44   #688
Jathom95
Explorer

Especially if, as the notes also mention, he was conducting his own investigation parallel to Lara. The drug dealer wasn't very helpful even to Lara, but I honestly don't see the point in killing him.
Old 14-10-21, 10:41   #689
KIKO
Relic Hunter

https://www.tomb-of-ash.com/tomb-rai...cutscene-list/

Quote:
POINT 2.6a:

IG_ANIM Kurtis walks out of an alleyway, climbs onto a huge Harley and roars off. If Lara glances up the alley she will see a body groaning in the darkness. Lara walks on. [Kurtis is making the rounds asking questions].

Done

Dealer: Dead anim
This is what says on the cutscene doc that includes references to specific animations
Old 14-10-21, 14:36   #690
Jathom95
Explorer

Yeah, I guess it's definitely how Murti intended that scene. Still don't understand why Kurtis specifically has to kill him though.

Anyway, @reborninshadow any ETA on 1.1?