www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 08-10-21, 18:29   #18951
JocLo
Student

Yess, I think the same.. with the success that is having NoTime to Die they would start to make some moves..
Old 08-10-21, 20:05   #18952
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Her face looks very similar to TRA Natla but I think she's probably too short. Natla kinda needs to be tall to sell that whole Atlantean superhuman vibe.
High heels? I think there are maybe some shoes to look taller. She already did a good spooky nun. She'd be so awesome in a scorched Natla suit. I do prefer the short hair, and accent from Tomb Raider 1.
Old 12-10-21, 08:16   #18953
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I am hoping that we will atleast see some signs of Alicia starting her training for the film soon. It's probably safe to assume that with Misha writing Black Canary and there not being any inkling of cast and crew signed on yet that it's probably going to be a 2023 release. Hopefully they can get behind the cameras next year and the Amazon merger won't delay it any further.
Old 13-10-21, 15:29   #18954
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocLo View Post
Yess, I think the same.. with the success that is having No Time to Die they would start to make some moves..
I don't think No Time to Die is being as successful as everyone predicted it to be.

It needs to make around 600 Million USD to break even

Why do they spend so much money on movies nowadays, executives and studios need to find a way how to make movies in cheaper ways; it is too much IMO.

Yes, NTTD is making some money, but its budget will never allow it to grow strong wings. It will barely make it to 400 M worldwide.
Old 13-10-21, 16:04   #18955
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

NTTD has been a great success. In just two weeks the movie has made $ 321,191,483

In Europe the numbers are being better than those of Spectre (very big numbers in UK) and taking into account the Covid era, it is a great achievement.

NTTD's budget is too high because the movie has been delayed for a year! It was a lot of money! It has only been disappointing in the US but we all know that James Bond is not that popular there. However the numbers are not bad. The movie still has a long way to go.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 13-10-21 at 16:05.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 23:48   #18956
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I hope it starts to perform better in the US just because MGM get a bigger stake with the UAR distribution deal that they'll also be utilising with TR2. It could be because the target audience for this film skews older and a lot of older audiences don't care about seeing it opening weekend compared to the younger fans that will turn out for the likes of a Marvel film.

Bond also hasn't had a wide international release yet so they've not got anything from the Chinese Market which will add a lot more box office income. Other countries like Australia and New Zealand which would be big contenders are still rife with lockdowns in certain areas.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 13-10-21 at 23:52.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 03:40   #18957
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I hope it starts to perform better in the US just because MGM get a bigger stake with the UAR distribution deal that they'll also be utilising with TR2. It could be because the target audience for this film skews older and a lot of older audiences don't care about seeing it opening weekend compared to the younger fans that will turn out for the likes of a Marvel film.

Bond also hasn't had a wide international release yet so they've not got anything from the Chinese Market which will add a lot more box office income. Other countries like Australia and New Zealand which would be big contenders are still rife with lockdowns in certain areas.
It always makes me wonder how dependent US has become on the Chinese box office, which is on the end of the road nothing that profitable for them except for headlines, even if the movie did 300 M in china; the studios get a very small amount of that.

IMO, studios should aim to something similar to what JOKER did and some other movies (Eternals hopefully will prove again that CHINA we don't need you).

The sooner studios cut ties with chinese rules the better for the industry.

China did nothing special for TR2018.

It is just for a stupid, devoid of real facts headlines for websites and movie news reports.
Old 14-10-21, 09:20   #18958
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Yeah I hope Hollywood doesn't start pandering to their laws too much for cinematic releases there. I know they've recently changed their rules again and are very strict with their censorship and values.

I don't want to sound ignorant either as it may be a cultural thing and we are all used to westernised ideals and media so if anyone from China on the forum wants to chime in I'd love to hear more about the cultural impact on cinema
Old 14-10-21, 16:02   #18959
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Is there a fair chance this might not happen?

Once Ben and Amy were hired to do the script it looked SO optimistic. Then radio silence for the longest time and then news of Misha came along and now it seems to be heading that way again.

I just want to see what else they could do with Alicia's Lara, there's so much potential.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 16:23   #18960
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Is there a fair chance this might not happen?

Once Ben and Amy were hired to do the script it looked SO optimistic. Then radio silence for the longest time and then news of Misha came along and now it seems to be heading that way again.

I just want to see what else they could do with Alicia's Lara, there's so much potential.
The last time Alicia's spoke about Misha was in mid september and Misha talked recently on her Twitter when she was doing a Q/A as usual it's a long process.