Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 16-03-19, 22:42   #1
DaroRaider

Default Tools to be complented with DxTre3d

Hello friends,
First of all I was not sure where to open this thread because although it talks about tools, they are meant to be used with the DxTre3d. I will use this thread to group the tools that I have created and that have helped me to create my levels. Then each of them and a brief description.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TR Sound ID Manager.

With this tool you can load a "base level" of tr2 - tr3 and define new sounds IDs to be used later by other tools such as TReditSound, etc.
The truth I did not see, if someone did something similar, but at least it is not in my knowledge.
Therefore, now you can count not only on pre-existing soundIDs, but that you can define new ones.
Currently only has good support for TR3, in TR2 have been reported failures.

The link to the thread for download:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=220824

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anim Command Fixer

Anim command fixer is a tool that opens a level tr2-tr3 and fixes the AnimCommand entry problem that fails to be opened by TrViewer.
Currently it has support for tr2 and tr3.
NOTE: Not all the levels that are loaded, are fixed, but the majority.

You need to Load the buggy level, then click on Fix! button, a msg Box will show up, then you need to save!
You are ready to open it again with Trviewer!

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cna6u8...ndFixerV11.rar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TR3 CUSTOM TEXTURE

This tool opens a tr3 level, and allows you to edit for each texture ID, the properties such as the coordinates where they are mapped in the texture page and the Pixels.
The tool only presents the interface to change the values ​​of the four vertices of each piece of texture, to achieve the effects of how the textures should be mapped to the polygons of the meshes, whether they are triangular or square textures, whether they should be vertically rotated or horizontally.

The operation of this tool is a little mysterious, just as a programmer I can give the user the chance to experiment freely by touching values ​​until they find the effects like the ones below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5dxy5t...tomTexture.rar

---------------------------------------------------

MSFX

This tool is not from my authority, but from Turbo Pascal. It serves to decompile the main.sfx of both tr2 and tr3, examine their wavs, and recompile it. It works by command line. Very useful.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yly3ns1k16l4cak/msfx.rar

Last edited by DaroRaider; 17-03-19 at 17:47. Reason: Edit 2: Reposted images according to FAQ rules.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 20:09   #2
Danath

Thumbs up

Thank you Daro for making all these tools. Animcommandfixer saved my butt in one occasion.
I still haven't checked with MSFX if i can lower the volume for extracted sounds that are too loud in original TR2 and then import them back, i will let you know if it is successful when i get to it.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 21:33   #3
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I still haven't checked with MSFX if i can lower the volume for extracted sounds that are too loud in original TR2 and then import them back, i will let you know if it is successful when i get to it.
Jordi, MSFX allows you to extract and compile wavs, I think it's possible to edit any one as you wish with another professional sound software. Make sure to save the edited wav with the same properties as the wavs are stored in the main.sfx... 22050KHz, 16 bit, mono, etc..
Good luck mate
Old 26-09-19, 14:29   #4
CelticGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Anim Command Fixer

Anim command fixer is a tool that opens a level tr2-tr3 and fixes the AnimCommand entry problem that fails to be opened by TrViewer.
Currently it has support for tr2 and tr3.
NOTE: Not all the levels that are loaded, are fixed, but the majority.

You need to Load the buggy level, then click on Fix! button, a msg Box will show up, then you need to save!
You are ready to open it again with Trviewer!

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cna6u8...ndFixerV11.rar
Oh my God. I can't thank you enough for this tool! Dxtre3D users rejoice! I can FINALLY use FexMerger instead of importing single moveables by hand! No more out-of-order moveables in the list!

(For those who don't know, using FexMerger to merge moveables makes a level unusable with TRViewer afterwards, this tool fixes that.)

How does your tool actually accomplish this? I'm curious
CelticGuard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-19, 20:11   #5
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGuard View Post
How does your tool actually accomplish this? I'm curious
The way that FexMerger and Trviewer parse and interpretes the data of AnimCommands entries are different. So for that reason, when a change is made with FexMerger, then it crashes with TrViewer.
My tool fixes what FexMerger changes so that Trviewer doesn't crash. That's the story behind the scene!
Old 01-05-20, 03:47   #6
mizuno_suisei

Would you consider trying to make capability for TR1 levels for the "Animcommand Fixer" tool?

(this relates to my thread about texture redundancies I just replied to - as you suggested, I'd like to open my TR1 level in TRviewer however I get this animcommand error) -

Oh - also. something I discovered yesterday.

I have a PSXuzi.wav that I keep as a default, and add it to any PC TR1 levels I play by using trmod because I get all anal like that hahaha.

I thought I'd try your TR1 Edit Sound tool's import wave function as it's a GUI and thought hey why not! it's a bit quicker. It says the WAV file specs is not correct. Is that odd? They import to PHD levels via trmod perfectly, but not via your tool so far. PHD level types all share the same specific WAV encodings

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 01-05-20 at 03:52.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 02:47   #7
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Would you consider trying to make capability for TR1 levels for the "Animcommand Fixer" tool?

(this relates to my thread about texture redundancies I just replied to - as you suggested, I'd like to open my TR1 level in TRviewer however I get this animcommand error) -
I don't know where is the source code of it, I changed from PC and I formatted the local disk in my notebook, I was trying to find a copy of the program somewhere in my disks, usb, even in the cloud and didn't find a backup.. I fear to have lost the source code of the animcoomand fixer damnit!

Quote:

I have a PSXuzi.wav that I keep as a default, and add it to any PC TR1 levels I play by using trmod because I get all anal like that hahaha.

I thought I'd try your TR1 Edit Sound tool's import wave function as it's a GUI and thought hey why not! it's a bit quicker. It says the WAV file specs is not correct. Is that odd? They import to PHD levels via trmod perfectly, but not via your tool so far. PHD level types all share the same specific WAV encodings
The WAV format must be encoded:

PCM
22050 Khz
8 bits
Mono

My tool assure that the wav must be imported with this format, so that when you run the game it doesn't crash the Tomb.exe.
Have you tried to run the level modified via TRmod? Does the game run correctly?
Old 09-05-20, 08:15   #8
mizuno_suisei

Yes it does run- I've been using TRMOD to replace this sound for years. Curious and curiouser!
Old 09-05-20, 21:50   #9
mizuno_suisei

Ah. Here is the sound effect I'm speaking of. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlbc93gfq3...20SFX.rar?dl=0

This was originally ripped by me using TRMOD from level1.psx, specifically 35.wav as it is completely different to the PC levels sound. I cant forgive core for that. How dare unexciting PC uzis.

This is the sound that imports great with TRMOD, but refuses to open in your tool. Sadness ;(

Ofcourse I can continue using TRMOD which is fine but, you said it yourself TR1 has one audio encoder - I wonder why this is a problem

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 09-05-20 at 21:54.
Old 10-05-20, 04:27   #10
DaroRaider

Checked 35.wav file and yes, it has a different encoder format.
16 bit and 11025Khz.

I assumed that the only supported format was 22050, 8-bit, mono, etc. because when extracting all the wavs from the PHD files they were in that format. But that was taking in account the PC version.
It seems that they are also supported with other variants changing the Sample Rate to 11050 for example, to bits per sample to 16 bits.

Despite being such an old engine, it never ceases to amaze me!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I will quote en extraction of what says the TR rosetta stone document about sound Wav in TR1.

Wave format used in TR1/TR2 and TR3/TR4/TR5 is different. While TR1 and TR2 used 8-bit 11 kHz data, TR3 onwards switched to 16-bit 22 kHz data. However, PlayStation versions of TR1 and TR2 used 16-bit samples as well, which generally made PlayStation version sound quality better, without dithering artifacts.

This explain why sound WAV extracted from a PSX level has a different format than those extracted from PC version, but despite of this, both encoding are supported in a level from a PC version.

Last edited by DaroRaider; 11-05-20 at 01:01.