Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-10-20, 16:14   #551
TRfan23
Golden

I wished they ported the Jak & Daxter Trilogy and Ratchet & Clank Trilogy to PS4.

Then could have likely played it on PS5 to, but unfortunatly for Jak & Daxter it's the glitchy PS2 versions. The original Ratchet & Clank games are not even on there.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 21:16   #552
rewak

So on the latest PS4 update there's now a clause that states Sony can record your voice chats. This is supposed to be for reporting purposes to stop asshats being...well asshats in online games but people aren't happy that Sony can now record everything and store it for an undetermined amount of time.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 22:16   #553
Dingaling
Golden

That has been part of their terms and conditions since the PS4 was released.
Dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 22:28   #554
rewak

Which goes to show how few people actually read them Since it's now a screen that pops up informing you and saying you have to agree to it to use voice chat people are only now becoming aware.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-20, 11:18   #555
TRfan23
Golden

Wow, just imagine the amount of 'I slept with your mum' conversations they'll have on their servers.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-20, 14:25   #556
Alterjano

Here is a first look video of the PS5 UI in action.

Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 08:38   #557
Alterjano

The review embargo for PlayStation 5 has slowly been lifted over the past few weeks. Various critics have since released written and video reviews on the console. Although, there are quite some positive surprises that is welcoming to soon-to-be players of the system, I found some unfortunate and notable misses that Sony needs to seriously address in future updates. This includes:
  • No support for Dolby Atmos/Vision.
  • No support for 1440p resolution, unlike the Xbox Series X/S.
  • No support for VRR (variable refresh rate).
  • No quick resume, unlike the Xbox Series X/S. There are rumors that suggest that Sony is working to enable this feature in a future update. Even so, this is just speculation for now.
  • No support for folders for file organisation, unlike the PS3 and PS4
  • No customisable themes in the main home screen, unlike the PS3 and PS4. Sony is working on supporting this feature in a future update.
  • Lack of a proper organisation and search bar functionalities in some of the settings buried within the user interface. Giant bomb mentioned this as part of their grips with the inconsistencies in the PS5 UX experience.
  • No storage expansion at launch. Mark Cerny stated that a future software update will enable the feature but we don't know how long that will take.
  • Average battery life for the Dualsense controller, in spite of having a higher battery capacity than the Dualshock 4.
  • No support for transferring or storing PS5 games on external drive.
  • Certain PS4 titles on backwards compatibility mode exhibit strange issues and errors on the PS5. However, these problems could be entirely fixed with future patches from game developers, if they opt for that decision.
  • On average, SSD load times on the PS5 is slower than the Xbox Series X in backwards compatibility mode.
Not to mention, we don't know if the PS Store will have a proper refund system similar to Steam, gifting, region change and wishlist features as there is a current embargo in place for that section of the user interface. Fortunately, there will be a plethora of streaming media apps available at launch for the console, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Crunchyroll, Disney Plus and more.

PS5 Reviews

Last edited by Alterjano; 07-11-20 at 08:59.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 21:12   #558
regulardude
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
So on the latest PS4 update there's now a clause that states Sony can record your voice chats. This is supposed to be for reporting purposes to stop asshats being...well asshats in online games but people aren't happy that Sony can now record everything and store it for an undetermined amount of time.
but i understand it. It is not god to be recorded in your home.
regulardude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 18:51   #559
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterjano View Post
The review embargo for PlayStation 5 has slowly been lifted over the past few weeks. Various critics have since released written and video reviews on the console. Although, there are quite some positive surprises that is welcoming to soon-to-be players of the system, I found some unfortunate and notable misses that Sony needs to seriously address in future updates. This includes:
  • No support for Dolby Atmos/Vision.
  • No support for 1440p resolution, unlike the Xbox Series X/S.
  • No support for VRR (variable refresh rate).
  • No quick resume, unlike the Xbox Series X/S. There are rumors that suggest that Sony is working to enable this feature in a future update. Even so, this is just speculation for now.
  • No support for folders for file organisation, unlike the PS3 and PS4
  • No customisable themes in the main home screen, unlike the PS3 and PS4. Sony is working on supporting this feature in a future update.
  • Lack of a proper organisation and search bar functionalities in some of the settings buried within the user interface. Giant bomb mentioned this as part of their grips with the inconsistencies in the PS5 UX experience.
  • No storage expansion at launch. Mark Cerny stated that a future software update will enable the feature but we don't know how long that will take.
  • Average battery life for the Dualsense controller, in spite of having a higher battery capacity than the Dualshock 4.
  • No support for transferring or storing PS5 games on external drive.
  • Certain PS4 titles on backwards compatibility mode exhibit strange issues and errors on the PS5. However, these problems could be entirely fixed with future patches from game developers, if they opt for that decision.
  • On average, SSD load times on the PS5 is slower than the Xbox Series X in backwards compatibility mode.
Not to mention, we don't know if the PS Store will have a proper refund system similar to Steam, gifting, region change and wishlist features as there is a current embargo in place for that section of the user interface. Fortunately, there will be a plethora of streaming media apps available at launch for the console, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Crunchyroll, Disney Plus and more.

PS5 Reviews

Based on your post it seems like the PS5 is a massive step backwards with all the things that it can't do listed above.

They should go back to the drawing board and make it do everything that it can't do listed above then release it, it seems like they are releasing a half finished product.

Remember when the PS4 came out and no-one could view trophies offline which could be done on PS3, viewing trophies offline should have been a day one feature on PS4, Sony should have realised that not everyone was going to be online with their PS4 all day every day.

The other drawback to the PS4 was unnecessary icons cluttering the menu, the first thing I did when I got my PS4 was delete the playroom I think it was called and I've deleted every PS Now icon immediately upon it appearing on the menu.

They should have a sub folder for icons that clutter the menu like the two icons mentioned above and the new PS5 icon that appeared today, Sony clearly haven't learned anything from when they gave people a Singstar icon on PS3 that no-one wanted or asked for.

Going back to the PS5 remote play icon the guys on pstrophies found it interesting that PS5 games can be played using the PS4 controller but only on PS4 because Sony have deliberately made the Dualshock 4 completely incompatible with next-gen games on PS5.

I think that they should have stayed with the Dualshock 4 controller for the PS5 it's too soon for introducing a new type of PlayStation controller IMO when the Dualshock 4 works just fine apart from the rubbish battery life because of all the unnecessary lights.

The PS5 controller reminds me of an Xbox controller.

It'll be a while before I get a PS5, I'm going to wait until PS5S with larger memory are available 825GB isn't enough the manager at my local GameStop tried to convince me that 825GB equals 1 terabyte how he worked that out I don't know, the new Xbox will launch with 1 terabyte if Xbox can do it the PS5 should launch with 1 terabyte of memory.

The other thing I'm going to wait for is PS5S in different colours, there's too much white IMO it'd be like having an iceberg or glacier in my house, red or black are my preferred colours

The PS5 seems to be a bit of a downgrade going by the list above, the one feature I hope that made it from the PS4 to the PS5 is the capture gallery it made taking pictures and recording gameplay so much easier.

Another plus to waiting to get a PS5 is by the time I do get one, they'll have hopefully ironed out any potential bugs that might be present in the first wave of PS5S.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 22:43   #560
Strayyy_

The only game I am excited for is SackBoy: A Big Adventure , but they recently announced that the game won't have online mulitplayer until the end of the year
Strayyy_ is offline   Reply With Quote