Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-13, 22:18   #41
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Lara expressing her pain while being...gravely injured is excused from being classified as "whining" being that we're comparing her to her past self in which she too screamed when falling from great heights and grunted and gasped in pain.

Though yes, she did whine. Her biggest whine was when she wanted Roth to come get her, and she sat on her ass crying. Then she got up...her next whine was the first kill, she shrugged it off quickly and kept going. She obviously cried when Roth died, and mourned for a while. Her expression when she thought Sam was going to burned alive, in front of her, right then, after all she did and suddenly couldn't do no more, is so amazing that it shouldn't even be mentioned or critisized because I love it.
None of that is "whining". That's a term loaded with venom and disdain. Bratty people whine when they don't get their whims fulfilled. Nothing that Lara does in her circumstances warrants that word.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:20   #42
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
None of that is "whining". That's a term loaded with venom and disdain. Bratty people whine when they don't get their whims fulfilled. Nothing that Lara does in her circumstances warrants that word.
Doesn't matter. People don't like it, they're using the wrong term but it's all still relevant.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:20   #43
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
If they would reduce it and add just a little bit more focus on stealth, then I'm happy. The thing about TLOU I love is the fact that the combat is not linear. You can pretty much do whatever you want. I'd love to see that kind of freedom in TR.
Freedom yes. But I liked the smooth and flowing feel of TR's combat better.
Old 06-08-13, 22:21   #44
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
When Lara chastised her wound she was proper winging like a little princess bitch, I was just like "please shut up dear stop squealing like a piglet ".
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:22   #45
larafan25

Quote:
Freedom yes. But I liked the smooth and flowing feel of TR's combat better.
You can still roll around, dodge melee and gunshots and be athletic, just raise the stakes and provide stealth as a dominant or default state for combat, then set these AI up intricately.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:25   #46
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Doesn't matter. People don't like it, they're using the wrong term but it's all still relevant.
That's fine. The hyperbole of how they choose to explain it is still not warranted to me.
Old 06-08-13, 22:27   #47
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
When Lara chastised her wound she was proper winging like a little princess bitch, I was just like "please shut up dear stop squealing like a piglet ".
And the point of this is to throw more spite at her I presume?
Old 06-08-13, 22:32   #48
Baratheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
10+ seconds to apply the kit? That's a bit much. Even I would prefer regenerative health over that. xD
In regards to healing items I’d really like to see the return of the first-aid kit (both large and small), but with a modern “rebooted” twist.
I find that Crystal Dynamics could take inspiration from Left 4 Dead, and its sequel, for future Tomb Raider games:

First-aid kit will render Lara immobile for five or so seconds while she applies it, and restores her health with a massive 80%. Perhaps like the classics we could have a large and small (80%/40%).

A dosage of pain pills which upon use; Lara gains a 40% temporary health boost which will slowly decrease overtime (10 or so minutes). It will remove visual damage effects on the screen, etc.

An adrenaline shot which upon injection Lara gains a 25% temporary health boost. For 15 seconds (or so) she can move faster, doesn’t experience melee fatigue and can wade/swim quicker in water.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:36   #49
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Wow seriously?
I'm telling you, Lara should be ditched and replaced by an android. Maybe that could stay silent.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:37   #50
_Ninja_

You guys have to realize that a punishing health kit system like that will likely be balanced out by longer ttk. Regenerating health is what allows them to kill you in just two rapid bursts if you are under fire on Hard. But they will make this less punishing with a health pack system which takes so long to work.