Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-03-21, 13:35   #18181
Ellioft

I wonder what family film are gonna be copy and past to make Sonic the Hedgehog since the first one was a copy of HOP with the same no charismatic main actor to help Sonic.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-21, 14:40   #18182
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Okay so I've finished the entirety of Lovecraft Country now to get a sense of what Misha's writing is like. Besides one episode which is inspired by National Treasure there wasn't much Tomb Raider vibes throughout the rest of the show.

One thing I will mention is that she is very good at writing female action characters that's are allowed to be feminine. Too often in the Tomb Raider films that aspect of Lara has been removed. She has written characters that can be sexy, feminine and glamorous all while kicking ass at the same time something which I think could serve Alicia really well in the role.

Alicia sort of reminds me of being able to pull off a real sense of Audrey Hepbern glamour while bulking up with insane muscles and being physically strong. I would like to see some moments of that in the next movie because we have gotten it in the games where we have seen Lara being elegant and deadly.

Finding a balance would be great in not making her Wonder Woman but also being able to market a look to an audience.
I actually LOVE that new cover for the first film. The best out of all the movies posters / covers IMO
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-21, 15:29   #18183
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/remast...coming-june-1/

We will also have a new cover for the occasion showcasing a new pose of Lara taken from an advertisement for the soundtrack.
love the new cover, stunning.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 01:49   #18184
SoraSakai
Inactive

Misha Green is also working on an action film for Amazon at the moment (with Jurnee Smollett to also star).

So I’d say it’s almost guaranteed Jurnee will be the new Lu Ren of the next movie ^.^ Yay!
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 02:08   #18185
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Misha Green is also working on an action film for Amazon at the moment (with Jurnee Smollett to also star).

So I’d say it’s almost guaranteed Jurnee will be the new Lu Ren of the next movie ^.^ Yay!
Let's just said it's going to be a new Jurnee for Lara
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 05:14   #18186
SoraSakai
Inactive

Ha! Nice one lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 14:04   #18187
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I'm surprised nobody have talked about this but we will have a newly remaster edition of the first LC : TR movie in June with also a bundle of the first and second movie wich isn't released separalty.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/remast...coming-june-1/

We will also have a new cover for the occasion showcasing a new pose of Lara taken from an advertisement for the soundtrack.

Something will come from me because the next video will be about the LC TR movies ^^
Is there actually a difference in the master between this and the existing 4K Blu-ray?
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 16:32   #18188
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Is there actually a difference in the master between this and the existing 4K Blu-ray?
Unless they go back to the negative of Cradle, no. The previous release was already a brand new master of the original and an already existing, but greatly improved, master for Cradle. And unless they start including the extras on the new release, you'll be missing those. Now it's not that great stuff that you'll be missing, but still. I have the European 4k set of the two, and I'm kind of pissed that the blu-ray here of Cradle features no extras outside of the audio commentary. The US blu-ray does, but oh well... Guess it's good it was really cheap

Last edited by Zelda master; 19-03-21 at 16:34.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-21, 09:18   #18189
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post

I'd be down for that to be honest. I also noticed she is producing this one and not directing which is still great because the hype will still be there for Tomb Raider as her directorial debut. Hopefully with her experiences on producing films she knows what it takes to make a good one and we don't end up with a Dark Phoenix fiasco.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 01:51   #18190
JuditePrince12

Having Jurnee star in Tomb Raider would be such a good idea. I think she's an amazing actress and I feel like Alicia needs another big name to help co star with her.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote