www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 20-01-23, 09:16   #19881
Moon-Safari
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
racist?! why?!

The baboon is an animal from Africa... I don't see it as something racist to put aggressive giant baboons. It would have been something very TR
Idk my black friend told me don't show him pictures of monkeys, show him cats or dogs. Monkeys trigger black people. Something about their appearance brings up feelings of inferiority. And the movie location where the giant baboons attacks the pretty white lady is Africa.
Old 20-01-23, 10:06   #19882
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Jake has shared another little glimpse at the opening tomb scene.

https://www.instagram.com/jakeluntdavies/
That would have been a cool trailer shot, the door opening upwards revealing Alicia standing on the other side in a wetsuit.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 15:56   #19883
lance6439
Legend

Looks so boring and bad. I'm so tired of south America.
Old 20-01-23, 17:53   #19884
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

It's very hard to critique without seeing the script, but it's very in-line with the Trades report that Ben's sequel was very traditional and in-line.

I just don't know why she's on a mo-ped going around China being chased. I don't know why she's still stepping on floor tiles that activate traps.

I've a real problem with people looking at an IP like Tomb Raider and seeing it as their once in a life time opportunity to make an Indiana Jones story.

TOMB RAIDER has and never have been INDIANA JONES.

The only time a sequence of Lara on a mo-ped in a city would be appropriate was if she was doing that in Alaska and was on her way to the construction mines that was built upon an Alaskan intuit settlement like in TOMB RAIDER 2: GOLD.

So as time goes on, I love Alicia but I'm really no longer devastated this sequel had been scrapped. I don't know what Misha's plans were.

If the movie studios really want to make a story that has a connection to Harrison Ford, do Angel Of Darkness! Nothing to do with Indiana Jones but puts Lara on the same wave length as Harrison Ford's The Fugitive with Tombs and Temples!

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 20-01-23 at 17:55.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 22:14   #19885
Moon-Safari
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
It's very hard to critique without seeing the script, but it's very in-line with the Trades report that Ben's sequel was very traditional and in-line.

I just don't know why she's on a mo-ped going around China being chased. I don't know why she's still stepping on floor tiles that activate traps.

I've a real problem with people looking at an IP like Tomb Raider and seeing it as their once in a life time opportunity to make an Indiana Jones story.

The only time a sequence of Lara on a mo-ped in a city would be appropriate was if she was doing that in Alaska and was on her way to the construction mines that was built upon an Alaskan intuit settlement like in TOMB RAIDER 2: GOLD.

So as time goes on, I love Alicia but I'm really no longer devastated this sequel had been scrapped. I don't know what Misha's plans were.

If the movie studios really want to make a story that has a connection to Harrison Ford, do Angel Of Darkness! Nothing to do with Indiana Jones but puts Lara on the same wave length as Harrison Ford's The Fugitive with Tombs and Temples!
She also rode a moped in TR5 fmv after the opera, and the tile stepping is all over the series but I can think of one, the tr4 level with the light up tiles. So it's not sooo far out there. But I do agree, I'm glad Micha's TR movie was canceled. It was an obvious diversity hire, to not only give a TR movie a female director so they can taut it as a continuation of the patty jenkins narrative, but also a black woman so she checked all the boxes, when her show on HBO was absolutely horrid. The only thing that saved it was big budget visuals, but the script was an absolute abomination. TR dodged a bullet. Now all we have left to worry about is this woke american anime from the propagandist netflix, which has the potential to corrupt the stories, tones, and themes of the games like COL did with the bio of legend onward.
Old 22-01-23, 11:19   #19886
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:

I really don't understand what you want from a tomb raider movie if you don't think these look good. Imo this is closest I've seen a tomb raider movie being to tomb raider. Lara is alone doing puzzles/navigating traps. She's outsmarting/killing henchman. She's in a museum with artifacts...

I mean what exactly are you expecting from a tomb raider movie?

I think they look great and I'm even more depressed it wasn't made because of stupid covid.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-23, 15:10   #19887
Rai

Quote:

Snip..
That's right because Tomb Raider never featured exciting vehicle chases (in cutscenes or game play), or pressure pads in anyway for traps or puzzles. Oh wait...it does. Whether you like it or not Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones are of the same genre: Action Adventure featuring a treasure hunter/ tomb raider, and there will always be comparisons. Movie studios will always add exciting action sequences to engage the movie-going audiences who are less likely to enjoy long sequences of Lara alone. You could argue that TR should be indie and cater to classic fans, but I don't think that works. TR is not indie but is a 27 year old franchise with a bigger audience than the the classic fans & the movies are made to reach wider audiences in the hope of bringing them to the franchise. Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones and Uncharted are always going to appeal to similar audiences & the movie studios will take advantage of that.
Old 22-01-23, 17:13   #19888
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
………..

.. TR is not indie but is a 27 year old franchise with a bigger audience than the the classic fans & the movies are made to reach wider audiences in the hope of bringing them to the franchise. Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones and Uncharted are always going to appeal to similar audiences & the movie studios will take advantage of that.
Agreed- I tend to be drawn to the same type of genre no matter what the movie is. Top Gun, .007, Mission Impossible, etc. Gothic horrors.
Old 25-01-23, 19:26   #19889
PinkyPromise
Professor

News concepts Ben Wheatley TR canceled movie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2IgR4Kbma/

Unuratu and Sam were in the movie!

Now we know that in the movie were:
-Lara
-Lu Ren
-Ana
-Rourke
-Unuratu
-Sam
-Dr Dominguez

I think there were too many characters!
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-23, 20:48   #19890
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Wasn't it Geekvibesnation who said that all these characters would be in the film too. They were good for info on this, I wonder if they had a copy of the script.