Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-05-19, 22:17   #24971
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
This is where you completely lose me with reboot Lara. The fact Eidos says her saving the world is her becoming the Tomb Raider just makes my skin crawl. Then you have Lara at the end of Shadow appointing herself a guardian and protector of ancient people and their secrets. Just no...

Plus, her appointing herself this never really makes much sense as I'm sure they'll have her in the next game skipping around tombs doing as she pleases and pretty much breaking everything she touches again.
I guess as long as she dresses like one of those tribal folks it's ok to break things.

Abby sure made an excuse for Lara.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 22:17   #24972
Yuna´s Wish

The State of Play thingy was FFVII Remake, so EM and CD are still working silently on the Avengers project

Morrigannn, tease us!!!
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 22:26   #24973
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Um people acting like isolation can't work?

I don't get this community I swear to God.

Ok Legend TR fans, "EW oh my God, I hate them blabbing in my ear, I want some isolation damn it"

Anniversary, "EW oh my God this game is so boring, Lara doesn't talk and no one else says anything just no"

Underworld, "Too much talking, so annoying, I want to get lost in tombs"

2013 "Oh my God, if this girl doesn't shut the hell up"

Rise "All she does it talk, like I have had it up to hear"

Shadow "Oh my God yeah, Isolation is a bad thing, like it could never really work in a modern game. Forget about Dark Souls one of the most popular franchises ever, yeah no oh my God it can never work. We need more side characters and talking"

Gmafb

Hi. Fan of the rebooted series here.

I’d love for more isolation and less side characters.

Gee, it’s almost like you keep generalizing people unfairly.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 22:36   #24974
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Hi. Fan of the rebooted series here.

I’d love for more isolation and less side characters.

Gee, it’s almost like you keep generalizing people unfairly.
Welp, looks like a majority of people disagree with you. Your an outlier amoung this group apparently.
Old 09-05-19, 22:37   #24975
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
And what exactly does that mean....

Be the protector of the world's secrets?

Why are you so angry about it? The protector of the world's myths/secrets line really gets too much importance on this forum. In my understanding of it, it isn't a new found motivator for Lara, rather it means she's one of a few people in the world who'd ever make the kind of discoveries she has (and will continue to do)..and survive. Lara will continue searching for these myths and artefacts, but she won't expose them, or risk anyone else exposing them, when she comes across them.

As for 'becoming a TR', yes, Lara became a TR in TR'13. She went in as an archaeologist, looking for adventure but she never believed in the supernatural and she never would have suspected she'd go through what she did and survive. So, then in Rise she is on her first TR expedition by choice, but her motives are a little skewed. She is, at that time, willing to prove her dad and herself right, by exposing the truth behind the myth. She learns in the end that she doesn't need to. Sure, Shadow does retcon that a little, but there is a twist as well. Because she saw just how dangerous Trinity are, she was determined to stop them. Again, her motives for the adventure is a bit skewed. I don't think she forgot the lesson she learned in Siberia, but her obsession to stop Trinity made her make rash choices and almost ignore the rest, like endangering others for example. She also had to come to terms with her past once and for all. While it seemed like she had done so in Rise, I think Trinity being so involved in her past and her father's life, she wasn't as ready to do that as she thought. Ridding herself (and the world) of this very dangerous secret society helped her to finally put the past to rest too. She also came to terms with the fact that she actually enjoys doing it (I think this is nicely demonstrated in her talk with Una when she's trying to convince Una that not all is lost). I think that's what EM meant in these interviews. It's not that she wasn't already a TR, but she had to come to terms with who she is, that this is her thing and that she was was using her dad and then Trinity as a reason (excuse) before, but not now. She's no longer burdened with the past, guilt or whatever else was holding her back before.

That's my take on it anyway and I've rambled a bit.

Last edited by Rai; 09-05-19 at 23:36.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 22:43   #24976
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Welp, looks like a majority of people disagree with you. Your an outlier amoung this group apparently.
Right.

But even people who don’t want that, don’t HAVE to want that.

Just become some people don’t want the same type of tomb raider game as me (entirely in a cave, dark, violent, scary and intense) doesn’t mean the type of tomb raider they want is “wrong.”
Old 09-05-19, 22:45   #24977
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Right.

But even people who don’t want that, don’t HAVE to want that.

Just become some people don’t want the same type of tomb raider game as me (entirely in a cave, dark, violent, scary and intense) doesn’t mean the type of tomb raider they want is “wrong.”
Well this is Tomb Raider and not the Sims duh

Wrong is wrong
Old 09-05-19, 22:54   #24978
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Why are you so angry about it? The protector of the world's myths/secrets line really gets too much importance on this forum. In my understanding of it, it isn't a new found motivator for Lara, rather it means she's one of a few people in the world who'd ever make the kind of discoveries she has (and will continue to do)..and survive. Lara will continue searching for these myths and artefacts, but she won't expose them, or risk anyone else exposing them, when she comes across them.
Honestly, yeah people put too much importance on that line. I simply saw it as a way of giving a name for what she does. She's not gonna call herself a Tomb Raider, as that implies that she considers herself a thief. Which I mean, she is, but she's not gonna go around bragging about that. "Protecter of secrets" at least makes her sound reasonable to other people.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 22:56   #24979
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Honestly, yeah people put too much importance on that line. I simply saw it as a way of giving a name for what she does. She's not gonna call herself a Tomb Raider, as that implies that she considers herself a thief. Which I mean, she is, but she's not gonna go around bragging about that. "Protecter of secrets" at least makes her sound reasonable to other people.
But that's the problem, she isn't moral because she is an anti hero.

She is too goodie twoshoes and that line really fits the bill for her character.
Old 09-05-19, 22:57   #24980
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Well this is Tomb Raider and not the Sims duh

Wrong is wrong
No. People that don’t like the same thing as you or I are not “wrong.”

Stop being obtuse.