Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-08-19, 12:51   #21
Jamise_Croft

omg that is really amazing I'm waiting for it
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 14:09   #22
JsotoTRSaga

You want to know what I think?

I think this is absolutely genius! Amazing work! You should be hired by CD/EM , I want a game exactly like this.

Just like an user said, this is looks like a modernized sequel to the GBA games and I loved those games, this is phenomenal honestly.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 15:35   #23
OrangeJuice

^ thank you jsoto that's way too kind actually lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
What engine are you using to develop it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
can you tell as something about what you're using to make this happen? is this based in unity or UE?
i did consider using unity to work on this but i ended up picking game maker studio 1.4 since i'm actually quite comfortable with it as i've been using it for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Good job so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots from Louvre and Hall of Seasons.
Are you planning to add some sort of 2.5D effect (multiple background layers scrolling at different speed)?
thank youu! i was really looking forward to your opinion. more screens coming soon.
also the game is built on layers yeah but i haven't thought of implementing scrolling backgrounds so far. there's layers of visual effects (such as lights, fog, rain as you can see in the screens) that are drawn on a closer layer than lara is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
So are you using recorded animations then...what ever they did for stuff like Driv3r GBA with the actual animations? curious how you did it since the game's normally locked to Lara's back.
i resorted to nakamichi680's animations exporter tool to rip all the characters+enemies animations from the game and then i imported them in maya where i "recorded" them with a side view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
That's awesome! Are you considering including the deleted locations and using some of the known points to fill out plot holes?
i don't think im gonna include the deleted locations as i wouldn't have any assets/solid material for them. i am expanding and fixing the dialogues though and i plan on "streamlining" the plot a bit (which doesn't mean im gonna dumb it down).

might pin some of these q's and a's in the op later.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 16:04   #24
FreakRaider

alrighty i played the demo i was given and i do have to say i am impressed by this

i recommend kinda smoothing out the controls, sometimes i struggled a bit when i wanted lara do a big jump forwards but she ended up making a small one.
also i did kinda cringe at the reboot lara line in derilict apartment block lol

anyway, this was really cool and i can't wait to see you work more on it. Must have been super exhausting creating this, Lara's anims are basically just images right? You put a lot of detail in this, i love it
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 16:17   #25
JoelCaesar

Wow!
This is such an innovative idea. Good luck with the project.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 16:31   #26
OrangeJuice

thank you joel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
alrighty i played the demo i was given and i do have to say i am impressed by this

i recommend kinda smoothing out the controls
yesss glad you enjoyed it!
as i said before, once i smooth out the controls more (although they are meant to be weighty as u know the animations call for that) and get to refine the enemy ai into something more presentable i am planning on maybe making that demo public, just so that i can get as much feedback as possible
Quote:
hehehe that was there as an inside joke between me and my friend - it won't make it into the final cut don't worry lmao

Quote:
anyway, this was really cool and i can't wait to see you work more on it. Must have been super exhausting creating this, Lara's anims are basically just images right? You put a lot of detail in this, i love it
it's a hell of a lot of work but im having tons of fun with it. it does help quite a bit that i love the source material.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 17:03   #27
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post

i recommend kinda smoothing out the controls, sometimes i struggled a bit when i wanted lara do a big jump forwards but she ended up making a small one.

Me Jealous.

I am hyped for when this comes out.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 18:23   #28
Tombraider95

This looks so cool! How are you making this?
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 20:45   #29
malferink

This looks amazing! I'm getting Curse of the Sword vibes from this and I played that game to death when I was a child.

Really excited about this!
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 21:06   #30
Chamayoo

The art style is spot on ! This is so lovely, congrats !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote