www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 13-05-22, 19:40   #621
dg1995
Archaeologist

I think some of the long forgotten ips of Eidos are there.(Daikatana and Fighting Force for example)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-22, 17:03   #622
Rai

Square Enix wish to build and acquire new studios: https://www.ign.com/articles/square-...after-selling?
Old 14-05-22, 17:06   #623
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Square Enix wish to build and acquire new studios: https://www.ign.com/articles/square-...after-selling?
Square Enix has no idea what it wants to do. First they claimed they wanted to push capital into NFTs, then when NFTs crash they claim the money was never actually for NFTs, despite what higher ups stated previously, now they want to buy up studios when they just sold the two of the best studios that Microsoft was envious of.

I can't keep up with that company.
Old 20-05-22, 20:53   #624
Amunet
Archaeologist

Saw this on twitter:

From Embracer Group Interim Report Q4 FY 21/22: https://embracer.com/release/embrace...-1052-million/

The more I hear about this Embracer Group, the more I like them!
Old 20-05-22, 21:25   #625
_Seth
Professor

Everything about them seems too good to be true. Just short of saying "We believe Crystal Dynamics have failed to adequately handle the Tomb Raider brand and so are happy to announce they are assigned to Legacy of Kain, and assigning [X European Studio] to Tomb Raider. "
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-22, 21:28   #626
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Is this company run by amateurs
Old 20-05-22, 21:38   #627
killchan
Professor

SE memoryholed their NFTs ambitions faster than you can finish reading this post
Old Yesterday, 10:17   #628
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Saw this on twitter:

From Embracer Group Interim Report Q4 FY 21/22: https://embracer.com/release/embrace...-1052-million/

The more I hear about this Embracer Group, the more I like them!
Yeah, they say this until it doesn't match their expectations.

Sony used to have this approach and then absolutely tore Team Bend apart for Days Gone because it took too long to make.

The bigger companies grow the more interested in money and returns they become. Look at how much the philosophy at Ubisoft has changed in what is arguably a very small scale of time.

I may sound cinical but given how much Embracer are running round hoovering up studios, not just game ones too, I just feel they're not going to keep this consumer friendly approach. They're going to need to fill that growing financial void.

Its a long game but I'm actually going to wait and see what their reaction is around the release of the next game before I judge how good they are for the series.
Old Yesterday, 11:44   #629
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Sony used to have this approach and then absolutely tore Team Bend apart for Days Gone because it took too long to make.
Sony were right to have a problem with Bend. They gave Bend the time they needed to create a quality product and they produced a buggy game that was conceptually generic and extremely boring. What should Sony have done? They gave them time and money so it was Bend's fault...
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:53   #630
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Sony were right to have a problem with Bend. They gave Bend the time they needed to create a quality product and they produced a buggy game that was conceptually generic and extremely boring. What should Sony have done? They gave them time and money so it was Bend's fault...
I think Days Gone was in development for 7 years. I remember the last few delays towards the end before release. I agree with you, Sony gave them the time and the studio didn't deliver.

Granted, it was their first next gen delivery and they were a relatively small team.