www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-12-19, 09:26   #1
GameGlitcher77
Professor

Question Fans of Lud's Gate????

Hey guys, I'm working on a bi-level project featuring Lara returning to the Natural History Museum and also the LudGate storm drains underneath the museum to reach a digsite. The "digsite" is an excavated and drained version of those dirt tunnels that we encounter the first UPV in after using the embalming fluid in the 'Damned' hideout. The second level will be a cursed tomb with the "Egyptian lassie" mentioned by Geordie Bob that you have to fight as a boss.
Lara has to use the embalming fluid from the museum to defeat her and her undead zombies.

Now the ruin areas (underwater tunnels leading to Sophia's penthouse) will not be included.

Now for all you Lud's Gate fans is there anything that I should add to the first level that wasn't in the original??? (i.e.Lara explores a new part of the museum with relics from the digsite before she reaches the section above the Spinx area.)
Old 22-12-19, 21:17   #2
Baslakor
Explorer

Lud's Gate is horrible, but it has a lot of potential. The whole museum part was a mess, but if you look at custom level Requiem (the Vatican museum level) it is possible to create an awesome, realistic museum with lots of I interesting gameplay. Giant statues are always awesome to climb!

Another hated part is the underwater part
I never really understood what the designer was trying to make here. It would greatly help if you can make it clear that this is some water energy plant or sewer or something. Adding the aqualung for infinite air would also fix a lot of issues!
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-19, 21:58   #3
DaroRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
Now for all you Lud's Gate fans is there anything that I should add to the first level that wasn't in the original??? (i.e.Lara explores a new part of the museum with relics from the digsite before she reaches the section above the Spinx area.)[/FONT][/COLOR]
Hi GGlitcher77,
I strongly would suggest you to play ( or watch via Youtube ) the level "The Museum" from Feder's saga The Templar Secret.
I don't really know what engine will you use (tr2, tr3 , tr4 ), but I saw some very interistings aspects implemented in that level that could be worked to make it still better.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote