www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-11-17, 21:07   #34501
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
To give it enemy variety, I guess. Also because in a post-apocalyptic setting featuring a virus/plague/etc., it's not going to be just the infected that are dangerous, the people, too. Just like in The Walking Dead, Fallout, etc. (and later Resident Evil games, where the "zombies" get guns, too ).

There's a lot of stealth involved in dealing with the infected, too. The human enemies gives their attacks range, the infected makes them melee (up close and personal).

And the story with the infection is merely a passing mention. It's just the setting, really, to give the overall narrative of Joel/Ellie's adventures context, which is where the main "story" is.
I get that but those things do it so much better. This is just a constant obstacle that's not fun to play keeping me from getting to where i need to be and keeping me from seeing the story, nothing more. It's the Naughty Dog problem, i can't stand the Uncharted games for the same reason. Lets go to this wonderful ancient location no one's been to in years that we've just discovered, oh no they've arrived just in front of you somehow no matter how many of them you wipe out. Rinse, repeat, again, again, again. They're not good at framing their gameplay choices at all, they're just there to pad it out to an obscene degree. At least in this there is some variation with the infected, every encounter with them i've loved.

I'm sticking with it, i'm just getting out of the University (surprise surprise some hunters showed up to block what should be a simple walkout), and i'm loving the story. I just want more of the world and more on these infected. I hope they ditch these stupid goons for the second game and focus more on that stuff, because damn these 3 or 4 character models got old way back. Maybe change up the Clickers too because a room full of them is the least threatning thing ever.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 22:07   #34502
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
It always does.

Well of what I heard Bloodborne didn't get any update treatment for the PS4 Pro either, so I imagine FromSoft indeed just didn't know how to. But whatevs, much like DS1 it's still perfectly enjoyable as is. Though the framerate certainly does struggle beautifully whenever the camera gets a closer look at any of the more complex effects.

Urgh, even when just writing this, sitting at work, I'm just beyond eager to get home and go back to the DLC. :C
I'm hoping we get a port on the PS5 that puts it in 120fps and Miyazaki puts his hand through the TV and gives you a cupcake.

Or else I'll take a Demon's Souls remaster for current gen too.
Old 17-11-17, 06:58   #34503
ESCachuli
Professor

Now Im playing Raw Data and waiting for Skyrim VR. I think Im gonna have next to 0 life soon hahahahaha
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 13:33   #34504
Nerd Brain
Hobbyist

At the moment I am playing Cuphead. It is a fantastic game! It may be very hard to complete but the moment you defeat a boss is so satisfying.

And the artwork and music is incredible.
Nerd Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 13:58   #34505
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Bioshock (first time)
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 14:29   #34506
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I don't know what possessed me, because it's far from my favourite in the series, but I went ahead and downloaded Resident Evil 6 on PS4 to experience it again.

My gripes with it are still there; the clumsy controls, awkward camera angles, and that you can't change characters into their extra mercenaries costumes for the campaign. None of these were fixed, disappointingly

Still, it's worth re-visiting. I love what they did with Ada in this game, her campaign and entire plot line gave me life. She's sassier than ever.

Also, **** those creepy spider-mutant things so much. Eugh.
Old 18-11-17, 19:53   #34507
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

^ I've played RE6 a long time ago.... I finished it, but I kind of forced myself to play it, because of how bad it was. I do agree, Ada was the best campaign. Chris's and Sherry's campaigns were really mediocre (because chris's was a mere shooter and sherry's had that cringy Jack character which is really badly developed - his existence doesn't even make sense lol).

Leon's... well, leon's campaign was Ok too

-----------------

About Bioshock:

I've bought the trilogy this summer when it was on sale (bought Batman and Mass Effect trilogy too, all for PS3), but only started playing now.

It's a shooter game, which I'm not always fond of, but I am really enjoying this so far. The story is very interesting, and the ambience is fantastic. I'm really looking foward for this, as well as for the next two games.
Old 18-11-17, 20:10   #34508
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
^ I've played RE6 a long time ago.... I finished it, but I kind of forced myself to play it, because of how bad it was. I do agree, Ada was the best campaign. Chris's and Sherry's campaigns were really mediocre (because chris's was a mere shooter and sherry's had that cringy Jack character which is really badly developed - his existence doesn't even make sense lol).

Leon's... well, leon's campaign was Ok too
I agree with this wholeheartedly haha

The best thing about Chris' campaign was the cute bottom he brought along.

I didn't like Jake either. Normally I like badass anti-heroes, but it felt forced with him, like they were trying to hard to make him the anti-hero and I was just apathetic about it.

Helena was generic as hell. Leon looked the best he's ever looked.
Old 18-11-17, 21:11   #34509
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

they made leon act like some sort of god in re4 and since then people have been overpraising him since... me not like
Old 25-11-17, 12:25   #34510
Vinkula
Legend

Dragon Age: Inquisition