Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 07-01-21, 10:06   #1
dg1995

Default Seen this behind the scenes video ?

Looks like Lara was supposed to have a knife in TR 3 which was cut from the game.

It also looks like the idea of giving Lara a side kick existed back then.(But we never got a side kick until AOD)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 11:43   #2
Greatest TR

Yes, we have. it's well establish on this fourm back in 2011. Nothing new to see but interesting idea though, I remember from somewhere it was used to stab the tree for climbing the trees and dislodge item from the wall. wasn't intend to kill enemies with it
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 20:05   #3
Larasenpai

I've never seen this before but it's a nice little video, the knife seemed like an interesting concept. I think it would have been a nice addition, but I think the crowbar we got has a similar idea to it (breaking locks, removing items from walls etc). I do have to say I'm happy we never got a side kick in Tomb Raider III, I've never really enjoyed playing as Kurtis in AOD.
Larasenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 21:00   #4
dg1995

Don't blame Kurtis.

Kurtis was boring to play because he was hugely downgraded from how he was going to be played.(Chirugai was removed from his weapons, I've heard he was supposed to have double jump , he was supposed to be a combat focused character which combat in AOD was worse than PS1 TR games)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 20:31   #5
Los Angeles
Inactive

What? I'm more interested in the crawlspace roll. So it was planned for TR III already, but we got it first in Chronicles... interesting.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 02:02   #6
Johnnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
What? I'm more interested in the crawlspace roll. So it was planned for TR III already, but we got it first in Chronicles... interesting.
Chronicles doesn’t have that roll. Chronicles has the option of instead of turning 180 degrees to get out of the space she’s in she can do it from the front by pressing jump
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 02:44   #7
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
Chronicles doesn’t have that roll. Chronicles has the option of instead of turning 180 degrees to get out of the space she’s in she can do it from the front by pressing jump
It looks like the exact same move tho, excepts she'll drop down from the crawl space.

Thanks for this video!!!!! I've never seen it. Wow man, the 90's were so magical. I wish they'd rerelease the level editor or something big to honor those days.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 00:25   #8
fallenangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Don't blame Kurtis.

Kurtis was boring to play because he was hugely downgraded from how he was going to be played.(Chirugai was removed from his weapons, I've heard he was supposed to have double jump , he was supposed to be a combat focused character which combat in AOD was worse than PS1 TR games)
It still sounds and would likely have been just as awful as he was. Even from when I first heard the name I thought it was going to be a rubbish idea that had no place being in a TR game.

What they should have done is focus on the branching story elements of the gameplay in AOD which could have given it huge replay value. That had merit on paper but in execution was far short of what was promised.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 15:28   #9
XLave

Quote:
Yup, this would have been a great addition because crawling it's waaaay too slow to perform.
XLave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 15:56   #10
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
the animation is still in the level files but never implemented

many trle levels use it, but it's buggy.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote