www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-05-19, 12:48   #61
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Reviews seems good but I'll wait for a sale
Same. I'm interested but the price seems steep.

It sounds like a game I wouldn't replay after completion (hopefully I'm utterly wrong), and you can only get it for USD 60 here.

Though I truly want a new game, and there is not much in the market that has caught my attention...

:/

No, I'll wait.
Old 16-05-19, 07:39   #62
killchan
Explorer

well I'm near the endgame and here's a very important update to my previous impressions post:

yes, it's The Last Of Us, but it has 2 of the things I hate the most in modern gaming :
1) the "It Plays Like a Tutorial" syndrome, and by that I mean every now and then a new mechanic gets introduced, and you'll get the chance to use it for a few levels, but then the game forgets about it because it's time for the player to learn another new mechanic. The game doesn't really get progressively harder: it just gives you more new stuff to work with but the challenge stays the same. That wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the next point,
2) the beloved "Characters Won't Stop Giving Hints" syndrome we went through by playing the TR reboot series. Which I found to be fine during the first few levels, because that's the part of the game where you need to learn which elements of the environment you need to focus on while solving puzzles and stealth levels. the problem is this spoiler feature never goes away. You stare at the sky for a few seconds and BAM! solution spoiled.
Old 16-05-19, 22:32   #63
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

^ That sounds awful

Hopefully they'll acknowledge that as a problem and patch an option to toggle all that crap on/off.
Old 17-05-19, 09:23   #64
killchan
Explorer

ok so I beat the game and now I can provide some detaisl I don't think you'll ever get to read in reviews :

No spoilers of course.

The last chapter is less handholding than the others. like, it makes you use all the stuff you have on you without specifically telling you what to do.
The final boss fight is actually interesting. Not hard, just well done, except maybe for the fact that companions will tell you how to beat it... which wasn't really necessary, since the checkpoint system is extremely fair so dying there isn't really an issue.

There's no NG+. "Select chapter" mode simply loads an hidden savefile. There secret collectibles to find, but they don't unlock anything other than trophies/achievements.
You can disable most of the hud, reticule included, and reduce the precision of autoaim. This makes targeting stuff pretty hard, and while there's no much killing in the game to begin with, the slim is required for most of the puzzles and necessary to survive some of the encounters.
Old 20-05-19, 00:33   #65
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Hey would you look at that, another game that does what the reboot was trying to do, but better! And the protag has a braid! Wow! What a concept!!

Just got done with the 2nd chapter and the first kill scene was perfectly done. It’s clear Amicia is not violent and does not wish to hurt anyone, but she was forced to defend herself and her brother. It’s a short moment of “wtf did I just do” but she doesn’t have time process what just happened, she has to keep moving. It was simple, but effective, and they didn’t need sexual assault or dramatic screaming and crying to achieve it. How wild!

So far I’m really digging the game tho, 50 bucks was a little steep for the production value, but I have to keep reminding myself that AAA beautiful big budget graphics =/= a good game. Yeah its a little rough around the edges, but it’s got a great story so far and fun gameplay so I’d rather spend my money on this type of experience than on a game where you have to grind for 80+ hours just to feel like your getting somewhere.
Old 20-05-19, 08:36   #66
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Hey would you look at that, another game that does what the reboot was trying to do, but better!
Everything Plague has in common with Reboot, Reboot did it better.
You'll see.
Old 03-06-19, 18:44   #67
Aikon
Explorer

This game was pretty cool for being an indie one!
I liked the puzzles. They weren't really hard but they provided some challenge.
Dialogues were good and I liked Amicia a character.
Stealth was pretty interesting.
Not bad...not bad at all
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 08:48   #68
Talos Munera
Student

I can not play, but I followed some walk on Youtube. Loving medieval History, esotericism and the dark, I fell in love with this game! I love it! Is wonderful <3
Old 07-06-19, 02:25   #69
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Just got the platinum trophy for this game!
Old 08-07-19, 21:13   #70
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

This has come down massively in price (now £22-ish on Amazon) so I decided to order it........

Really looking forward to it. Hope it's dark and scary in places.