Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 15-04-22, 14:32   #231
_Seth

None of that seemed too far away. If anything they were too zoomed in because of the widescreen cropping the top and bottom off. (Although removing letterbox bars from cutscenes would both preserve the original cutscene framing Core angled each scene for, and get rid of useless borders - perhaps that could be a future option?)
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 21:28   #232
SLAYER

There is a small issue with the inventory background in full screen. It is as if it's lagging a frame or two behind what's on screen. This doesn't happen in windowed mode.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-22, 15:39   #233
Raider42

Thank you guys for all the assistance. The game plays fine now and the crashing during cutscenes was only during The base section, so far no more crashes or issues. Great work with this project Now onto the AoD thread after I'm done cause I'm sure that would also be hard to get to play lol
Raider42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 17:10   #234
ATombRaiderFan

Hey Troye, I just remembered coming across this post regarding Zip's "close the door!" soundtrack, maybe you've seen it also?

I've checked for the related soundtrack and it's present in the pc audio folder, it's called "xa1_Z_10." Is there any chance you could enable the soundtrack in tomb5?

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 23-04-22 at 17:15.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-22, 08:23   #235
Woops

Sound engine has a bug that cuts off all music tracks early, haven’t found it yet
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-22, 09:52   #236
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Sound engine has a bug that cuts off all music tracks early, haven’t found it yet
Ah okay, thanks for explaining, good luck locating the sound bug
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-22, 10:30   #237
SLAYER

At the start of the Labyrinth level, after pressing the 3 buttons, is the shaking effect intended during the flyby?

Edit: I finished the game with this patch, great work. The load screen feature was a nice touch, especially liked the 13th floor one.

I encountered this random minor bug, a gold rose item with a description of "load" appeared in the inventory. Not sure how so I can't reproduce it. Here is a save file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alj8A8LGXjOPgQTV...FvfI4?e=HkCqZQ

Last edited by SLAYER; 01-05-22 at 10:39.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-22, 01:49   #238
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
At the start of the Labyrinth level, after pressing the 3 buttons, is the shaking effect intended during the flyby?

Edit: I finished the game with this patch, great work. The load screen feature was a nice touch, especially liked the 13th floor one.

I encountered this random minor bug, a gold rose item with a description of "load" appeared in the inventory. Not sure how so I can't reproduce it. Here is a save file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alj8A8LGXjOPgQTV...FvfI4?e=HkCqZQ
An inventory item with the term "load" by mistake, by normal practice means the item itself doesnt have a script entry in its level slot. This should be fixable using Scripter4...I'd hope so in this case! Kinda strange though as the entire game has Golden Rose's so I'd assume it should be present in all level slots assigning its text string hmm.

EDIT: the script does not include, the golden rose entry per level slot my bad! This must be hardcoded so, ignore what I said above ��

A friend of mine (non trf member) is also reporting the crash to desktop after the mechanical claw cutscene - I did advise that it's been mentioned to the dev and the temporary solution for now is to "skip" the scene before it ends

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 26-05-22 at 02:12.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-22, 13:25   #239
Woops

Hi everyone!

-I will be looking into the issues last reported here very soon
As the focus was shifted to tomb4 a bit, and with my free time being limited tomb5 was kinda ignored but I have a really cool update now!

one of the reasons PSX looked better than PC is the vertex effects, they were completely broken on PC, making a lot of rooms look flat and just not how they're supposed to. I'm happy to say all these effects have been restored

The effects are Mist, Shimmer, and green shimmer for Red Alert! gas rooms.

Mist is only used in one place in the entire game, next to the mill in Old Mill, Shown in the video.
Here is a video showing the rooms that got the most impact (Note: these are all original dev choices, I can't choose which room does or does not get this effect, that data is in the level file. PC Engine was just not reading it properly- sometimes level builders forgot to apply these effects, that's normal)

(And as you can see, it's optional)

you may also see the new distance fog option, that will be in the next update too, if all goes according to plan. Distance fog is yet another thing broken in the PC Engine. It's supposed to start happening after 12 blocks (like PSX), but the formula was wrong, making vertices disappear without fog after 20 blocks, instead! This was fixed, but since people may be accustomed to the original look, I'm making it customizable. But the good news is, PSX distance fog is now possible!
Little comparison pic:
Top left: new PC, at 12
Top right: original PC
bottom: PSX
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-22, 13:37   #240
Delca

Incredible as always!

Delca is online now   Reply With Quote