www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 20-09-21, 03:31   #281
.snake.
Archaeologist

Thank you very much for your help Laravision.

I've been able to get everything running, following all your instructions - but for whatever reason I'm not noticing any of the changes that Sardoc describes in the OP. For example, Lara's legs still change color when drawing her pistols in Highland Fling, and there are still the ugly black wireframes to the firing sprites when she shoots in the mansion level (to name just the two things I noticed at the very start).

I followed the download link in the OP (Tomb Raider Patches), pasted the 10 files that come with its data folder into my data folder, and no changes in-game (even though there is no other data folder). When I launch the game, the setup comes up and a data.bin folder is created in the main folder - that is the only change I can report.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 12:11   #282
laravision
Archaeologist

The changes should be visible. I'm using the updated files and the black wireframes around the firing sprites do not appear in Lara's Home. Are you sure you're using the updated files from 2015? Also, make sure that you have removed the Lost Artefact disc before running the game from the No-CD executable...there's a slight chance that it could read the CD data instead of the local files on the drive.

Try to experiment with different graphic options to see if they make a difference. If the updated files still aren't displaying the fixes, then there may be some compatibility issues with your graphics card/settings. Does a config.txt file get created in the folder after launching and closing the game?
Old 21-09-21, 06:36   #283
.snake.
Archaeologist

Thank you - it finally worked. Looks like I had to make sure my TR3 Gold disk was no longer inserted.

I'm still noticing a slight change on Lara's thighs in the first level, whenever she draws her pistols, however it seems that Sardoc was still working on this, as it says in his OP.

Quote:
(Work in progress, NOT LIVE YET) Further improved India model colour-changing thighs.
Thank you for all your help Laravision!
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote