www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 09-09-21, 01:30   #39581
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings at the movies. We really liked it. Very exciting, fast paced, great visuals, good story line.
Old 12-09-21, 02:11   #39582
Rai

Cinderella (2021), with Camila Cabello, Idina Menzel, Pierce Brosnan and Minnie Driver. There were times while I was watching where I was seriously questioning what the heck I was watching. Whilst the actors can sing, not even Idina could save some pretty cringy covers of songs such as Madonna's Material Girl, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation and Queen's Somebody to Love (sang by the Prince and entourage). I'm sure there were some original songs in there too.

I did like the fresh take on the Cinderella story, with Ella wishing to follow her dream of being a dressmaker. There are some nice comedy moments and I enjoyed the step sisters who seemed to actually feel sorry for their mother's treatment of Ella at times, although even she wasn't all bad with her attitude being explained by her own disappointment/regret in life. In conclusion, it's a mixed bag of being both awfully cringy with some sweet moments, plus it is Cinderella, a classic tale.

Last edited by Rai; 12-09-21 at 02:40.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 02:20   #39583
Tombcool
Professor

Malignant (2021)

Holy ****, I was not expecting it to be that good! Movie is campy as hell though.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 16:02   #39584
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

WW84 on my laptop. It was okay but definitely not as good as the first one. We were disappointed.
Old 14-09-21, 00:13   #39585
Rai

Just finished S4 of The Handmaid's Tale.. That was one intense finale. I had to take a break from watching about half way through the season as it was so intense and life was intense enough as it was, so I needed to watch more light hearted stuff for a bit . Now there's the wait for S5.
Old 14-09-21, 02:05   #39586
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

The Suicide Squad 2021

wow what a hell of a ride! I loved this movie, I felt it was miles ahead Zack Snyder's Justice League or even Birds of Prey. This movie is nothing like the 2016 original (the less we talk about that the better) it is amazing that the movie is rated R bc it allowed many creative liberties, ideas that were never realized before as good as this, at least, not by DC.
Old 14-09-21, 19:24   #39587
Teone
Student

The Voyeurs (Amazon Prime. Warning: Not suitable for children)

Apart Sydney Sweeney naked which is a good show in itself, if you are male, straight and (of course) voyeur.
But the film let me a bad taste because the first part (1:30") is quite good, while the second part + final (30") is rushed and wasted.
IMHO, it would have been a good film, if better balanced.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-21, 11:07   #39588
xdesperado_
Explorer

The Morning Show season 2, episode 1

I honestly forgot about it as season 1 came out right before COVID took over everything. I’m glad it’s finally back after two years.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 20:25   #39589
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Warrior Nun - Netflix

Another one of those Netflix TV series that I looked at thinking, "This looks ridiculous, I'm not watching this," that turns out to be really well done (for what it is) and super interesting.

It's about a young woman who comes into contact with a divine artifact and gets pulled into the strange goings on of a secret sect inside the Catholic Church.

If you like action stories about strange religious groups with special powers and paranormal stuff, but done well, with time taken to build things up slowly, you'll really love it.

I binge-watched the 10 episodes of season 1 over the weekend.
Old 21-09-21, 07:48   #39590
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Shang Chi. Terrible story (as usual) but cool fights and the main guy took his shirt off.