www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 20-09-21, 12:43   #21
Emix
Relic Hunter

I am going to die because of how gorgeous and amazing this looks!!!

Quote:
Kena: Bridge of Spirits seamlessly blends a compelling narrative with exploration, puzzle-solving, and fast-paced combat. This gorgeous, immersive adventure takes players on a journey of self-discovery as Kena restores balance to an ancient village in a once-thriving environment. Players take on the role of Kena, a young Spirit Guide on a quest to uncover the mysterious story surrounding the demise of the village. Using her staff and the help of her collection of tiny companions known as Rot, the player will disarm adversaries, unlock new skills, uncover secrets, and restore the beauty of the land.

Honored earlier this year as a Tribeca Festival "Official Selection," Kena: Bridge of Spiritss was one of eight narrative games showcased for its storytelling. Kena: Bridge of Spirits is available in both a Standard Digital Edition ($39.99) and a Deluxe Digital Edition ($49.99), which includes the digital soundtrack, an in-game silver staff, and golden Rot skin exclusives. All PlayStation editions include both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 digital versions of the game.

Those playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits on the PlayStation 5 have access to several exclusive features including full support for PlayStation Activities with more than 200 Game Help videos to increase the game's accessibility. PlayStation 5 players also will have the option to play in "Fidelity Mode," locked at a framerate of 30 frames per second with native 4K resolution for a more cinematic experience, or the PlayStation 5 version's default "Performance Mode," targeting 60 frames per second and upscaled 4K resolution to prioritize gameplay. PC players will also be happy to hear that Kena: Bridge of Spirits has DirectX 12 support.

Another feature Ember Lab has been keeping under wraps that's sure to be popular thanks to Kena: Bridge of Spirits's adorable Rot companions is Photo Mode, which brings more fun aspects to the gameplay. In Photo Mode, players can pause the action to stage the game's characters—including the Rot with the wardrobe of optional hats, then resume the action to bring them to life.

"We're very excited to share the 'Cheese!' function in Photo Mode," said Ember Lab animation director Hunter Schmidt in a press release. "When players have set up their perfect photo angle, they'll have the option to have the characters in the photo say 'CHEESE!' and strike a pose. Many characters have multiple poses, so you can snap a great variety of fun shots in the same location. I'm very excited to see what kinds of photos players will capture!"
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/kena...launch-trailer

Last edited by Emix; 20-09-21 at 13:44.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 15:36   #22
Vinkula
Legend

Can't wait for tomorrow! So excited!
Old 20-09-21, 19:19   #23
Fantasy
Professor

I can’t wait to play this, I have it downloaded already!
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 19:57   #24
ANoDE
Golden

It looks very interesting. Please keep us posted about how it feels when played. So fae I like what I've seen but I'm not 100% in, yet.
Old 20-09-21, 20:03   #25
xdesperado_
Explorer

I just preordered it during the weekend, it's a shame there's no physical release.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 20:30   #26
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I just preordered it during the weekend, it's a shame there's no physical release.
There is actually. It's coming in November.
Old 20-09-21, 23:54   #27
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

4 more hours until the review embargo is lifted, I believe.
Old 21-09-21, 01:04   #28
Zebra
Legend

Ah yes,this game. There are credible reports claiming that the studio, Ember Lab, majorly exploited a dev who put huge amounts of unpaid work into Kena and secured investors for it, believing the studio's false promises of a future permanent position. And apparently that's not the only allegation of this sort against Ember Lab. From what I've read, there are multiple cases of them (allegedly) getting people to work for them for free, promising some sort of compensation later on and then ghosting them.

The former lead designer of PS5’s Kena claims he was ‘maliciously forced out’ | VGC

Not saying people shouldn't play it because of this. If you're excited for it, by all means, play it. But if you're on the fence, maybe this will help you decide.
Old 21-09-21, 04:20   #29
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

It seems it got pretty good scores. The few reviews that point its flaws are, as usual, the ones that don't give it a numerical score.
Old 21-09-21, 09:13   #30
Emix
Relic Hunter

It sits at 85 score (both metacritic and opencritic). Overall great reviews and this looks to be amazing debut offering by Ember Lab.