www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 20-09-21, 17:21   #91
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I can't expose my sources but I have learned that $quare Enix are developing a remake of TR2013 due to complaints that there wasn't enough combat and the tombs were too challenging.
I mean $ony reportedly want a remake of The Last of Us 1... This isn't out the realm of impossibility.

Last edited by jajay119; 20-09-21 at 22:14.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 18:43   #92
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Nobody knows. Nvidia has said that the list is genuine but that the games on the list include "speculative titles" (I think that's how they worded it?). Could be that they just said that to cover their arses or could be that they were genuinely just making games up to test things internally, who knows. In any case, the "(2021)" would make me very sceptical since I think I remember Meaghan saying that there wouldn't be any kinds of remaster announcements this year (let alone releases).
There are some titles on that list that actually do sound speculative to me (for example Kingdom Hearts IV) but Tomb Raider Anniversary (2021) and Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary (2021) sound way too specific to be made up. Tomb Raider 12 would have been the most obvious choice.

With that being said I'm still certain that we won't get any announcement this year but maybe in 2022. Covid came and probably messed up a ton of things in terms of scheduling. Meghan said not to expect any announcements for future releases this year and there is no reason to believe that she's lying to us.
Old 20-09-21, 18:58   #93
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I mean $ony reportedly want a remake of The Last of Us 1... This isn't put the realm of impossibility.
Exactly.

They could be doing anything. Or nothing.

Although we are already in September, nearly October. If they're doing something this year, they'd better hurry up.
Old 20-09-21, 19:11   #94
DOPE
Relic Hunter

wait let me try something

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I can't expose my sources but I have learned that $quare Enix are developing a remake of Shadow of the Tomb Raider due to complaints that there wasn't enough combat and the tombs were too challenging.
lmao
Old 21-09-21, 09:15   #95
malferink
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Exactly.

They could be doing anything. Or nothing.

Although we are already in September, nearly October. If they're doing something this year, they'd better hurry up.
I can't believe how people still think there's even a CHANCE of an announcement this year. How many times does it have to be repeated till people stop getting their hopes up? the comunity team literally couldn't be more clear regarding announcement of games this year.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 12:39   #96
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
I can't believe how people still think there's even a CHANCE of an announcement this year. How many times does it have to be repeated till people stop getting their hopes up? the comunity team literally couldn't be more clear regarding announcement of games this year.
I have actually said in the post just 3 posts before that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor
I know Crystal have said no releases or announcements this year and I do believe that. But at the same time, developers lie all the time to not spoil surprises.
So, I do believe them. But also I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out they'd been hiding something. Developers lie all the time.

In the post you're quoting me, I'm simply referring to the fact that as it's called 25th anniversary in the leak, if it is a truly a thing, then they need to do it soon, not that I think it's definitely coming this year.

But yes, I think anything is possible. Because developers hide things. I don't think they have in this case, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they had.

It's no big deal, we're merely pondering around the idea in light of this new information. If people want to get their hopes up about anything (and personally I'm not), that's up to them. And if they want to talk about it on here forever and a day, it's up to them.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 21-09-21 at 12:57.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 15:05   #97
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
People's logic is so flawed like someone here once said they didn't believe that there wouldn't be a game this year because Meagan and Neha confirming it in a video wasn't adequate evidence... It's like they're LITERALLY the people in charge of telling the community what is and is not going on. What else would have been proof enough? What do they want?

Last edited by jajay119; 21-09-21 at 16:55.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 16:08   #98
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Well, I don't think it matters. I think if something like this turns up that hints that something may have at least been planned, people are bound to speculate and consider it.

Why people are bothered by this is wearying to me.

Let the forum breathe, folks. It's not like there's loads to be discussing right now.
Old 24-09-21, 13:51   #99
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

The Nvidia leak is pretty much confirmed to be real. Nvidia can't come out and say that it's legit because then all these games will be announced prematurely. Also, Ubisoft DMCA'd people who talked about their games off that list so it pretty much confirms that it's all legit.

With COVID and the whole DLC8 debacle, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that something was supposed to happen at the end of this year in October but then was pushed back.
Old 24-09-21, 15:02   #100
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Yep, but we didn't get it

So all that excitement was over nothing in the end...

That was a lesson for me, I have to take rumors with a pinch of salt

A more recent one I remember, I had read that Resident Evil 3 was an expanded version of the original, with added optional side missions and optional areas to explore reachable with the metro....

In the end the remake was a chopped version of the original with lots of cuts
A pinch of salt? On a sidenote it is interesting that it was to be listed. Certainly it would not be the next Tomb Raider Chronicles. No. That would be barking mad. Tomb Raider movie fan? Grain of Salt. Although a pinch could be a Dunglish translation to a saying, not to take things lightly. So I've had expected an angry mob because the "Anniversary" title was used, or at least a reference in the thread to Natla. "This is a game that you've played before, with your father." Atlas, it was not to be. <3