www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Sport and Recreation

Old 21-05-14, 16:33   #1931
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I know you guys are a little late on this....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexa...lion-in-a-day/
I heard about that. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Their booking of Paige is terrible, though. Everyone she has faced has kicked her ass thoroughly--only to lose after Paige finally hits her finisher. LAME. Now, on Raw, she got her ass kicked the entire time and flat out lost. WORSE THAN LAME.
On the bright side, WWE used to book John Cena that way years ago, too.

Actually, I think that's how they booked Goldberg during his WWE stint as well. What were they thinking?

EDIT: Hang on. Paige got squashed?!
Old 22-05-14, 16:02   #1932
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Their booking of Paige is terrible, though. Everyone she has faced has kicked her ass thoroughly--only to lose after Paige finally hits her finisher. LAME. Now, on Raw, she got her ass kicked the entire time and flat out lost. WORSE THAN LAME.
TBH I think slapping the title on her right away was a bad decision. AJ was going to take time off anyway so a heel could've just won the title, which Paige could have fought for some time at least. Instead they made her the champion immediately and opted for an otherwise sensible gimmick of a rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive_and_Funky View Post
EDIT: Hang on. Paige got squashed?!
Not your typical Alexander Rusev kind of squash, but she was squashed, yes. Paige tossed Alicia around by the hair a few times, but that was it. Alicia didn't even have to hit her finisher.

-----
Sidenote: I wish her run with the NXT women's championship hadn't had such a botched end. Charlotte (Rick Flair's daughter) was going to challenge her and I assume win the title, but since she became Divas champion, they didn't want to devalue her by having her lose to someone in developmental wrestling. So instead she was just casually stripped of the title because "she doesn't have time to defend it anymore" .___.

If only they either had capitalised on the fact that she was a double champion, or had had her drop the NXT title beforehand.
Old 26-05-14, 17:21   #1933
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

John Cena vs. 'The Flying Aussie' for WrestleMania XXXI? XD
Old 28-05-14, 05:55   #1934
voltz
Tomb Raider

The flying furry, actually.
Old 28-05-14, 10:59   #1935
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

Well this will finally be the time that they don't put a damn actor above their own talent. Everyone else has lost to actors but I can't see Cena doing so... unless it's a heel turn moment!
Old 28-05-14, 12:47   #1936
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
The flying furry, actually.
Ha ha.

Quote:
Well this will finally be the time that they don't put a damn actor above their own talent. Everyone else has lost to actors but I can't see Cena doing so... unless it's a heel turn moment!
To be honest, I think Hugh Jackman was just having a laugh, but (with Jackman's previous involvement with the company) I wouldn't be surprised if it has put ideas into WWE's head.

As for Jackman doing the job. Well, remember when Cena lost to Kevin Federline of all people?

Old 10-06-14, 00:30   #1937
voltz
Tomb Raider

Got a preview documentary from April Hunter on some of the women who play the indie circuit and try to make it in the industry. I'll be looking forward to watching it when it's available.

Old 10-06-14, 12:50   #1938
tomee
Tomb Raider

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...11045006127105

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, but this may make TNA to consider it. The feedback is pretty clear.
Old 11-06-14, 00:02   #1939
voltz
Tomb Raider

Well folks, I almost went to watch Smackdown today...

Almost. *shrug
Old 11-06-14, 20:31   #1940
tomee
Tomb Raider

Smackdown has been kind of embarrassing lately. They use only Raw for developing storylines and Smackdown is pretty much just recycling that or is dragging them without any significant advancements. The whole show feels absolutely soulless.