www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Sport and Recreation

Old 08-02-16, 19:11   #2431
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Well ****. Daniel Bryan announced his retirement.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 16:03   #2432
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
Unfortunate pieces of news (Bret's situation in particular). At least Bryan got a nice send-off, from what I've heard.
Old 09-02-16, 19:53   #2433
tomee
Tomb Raider

At first I thought he wouldn't be closing the show because he came out about 25 minutes before the end. But as it turn out his speech was just in fact that long. It was really emotional and well spoken. He deserved the nice send off. He had one hell of a career.
Old 10-02-16, 15:06   #2434
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Definitely emotional, but it was for the best. He did a post-interview for ESPN and revealed the extent of his injuries.

Quote:
Coach asks about his injuries and Bryan says they have ten documented concussions, but it’s impossible to define each one. Coach then asks about how Bryan found out about his career being over, and Bryan says he went to New York for some EEG tests, and this one measured electrical brain activity while doing reflex testing. Bryan says it’s a newer form of the test, but he wanted evidence to support his petition to come back to wrestling. Bryan says his other EEG and MRI test were great, but this one showed he had some slowing, and evidence of “a small or subacute or chronic lesions” in the area of his brain that causes seizures. Bryan says he has had post-concussion seizures that he hid and it was unknown why, but now they found out something to link the symptoms. Bryan says he’s learned that you need to report concussions, and you need to heal your brain before returning to a contact sport like wrestling or football. He says it’s about the responsibility you have to yourself and your family.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6725...ussion-testing

The video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14750304
Old 10-02-16, 18:05   #2435
tomee
Tomb Raider

So this just happened during the final moments of Raw and it earned Titus a 90 days long suspension.

Not sure what he was trying to achieve there by grabbing Vince, but I just can't comprehend the fact that Vince would jump him like that and have no qualms about almost bumping into Stephanie as well on live TV in an unscripted moment.
Old 10-02-16, 18:34   #2436
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Titus messed up. I can understand if Vinnie likes to prank and mess about with the guys, but not on live TV. That's a big no-no. Vince takes kayfabe way too seriously.

That being said, 90 days suspension seems like an overkill. He's gonna miss out on Wrestlemania. Sure he would've most likely participated in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, but it's still a nice WM bonus cheque.
Old 23-02-16, 08:23   #2437
Paddy
Tomb Raider

So good to see Roman be booed as even the baby face. Sick of the ****.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-16, 13:14   #2438
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

Roman got the Cena treatment on Raw last night: "Let's go Roman!" "Roman Sucks!" I'm not ready for Cena 2.0 for 10 years, though. They have got to keep him fresh if he's going to be the guy. Right now that means he should be a heel. Frankly HHH shouldn't have the title right now, Lesnar should. Roman should have turned on his good friend Dean Ambrose and beat him down mercilessly after cheating to win a 1-on-1 match at Fastlane. Then you have a monster heel, in Reigns, going up against the moster face Lesnar at WM. (we all know Lesnar is the top face now regardless of what WWE thinks). Then, if you really want Reigns as champion, have him cheat his ass off to win at WM. All problems solved.

Last edited by interstellardave; 23-02-16 at 13:15.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 11:04   #2439
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

I've missed the past 2 weeks of WWE. I seriously cannot sit through 3 hours of this tripe. I'll just wait until WM and catch that. If that doesn't draw me back, then stick a fork in it. I must say though, WWE is like a crappy spouse you love; no matter how many times they disappoint, I'm drawn back to them.
Old 10-03-16, 13:34   #2440
CerebralAssassin
Tomb Raider

Well I'm surprised no one mentioned this but...Shane McMahon is back!