www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-04-21, 21:26   #11
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

LAU Lara had 3 mansions. Her owning different properties would be kind of cool though to actually see how rich she is. Maybe different mansions all over the world so she can be closer to the adventure than just staying in one place.
Old 27-04-21, 08:37   #12
Heckler
Professor

I don't know. I'm okay with her having 1 home. She's always traveling to different places so I'd think it would be more practical to rent or stay at a hotel/guesthouse/resort. And of course if it's uninhabited she'd probably use a tent.
Old 27-04-21, 09:08   #13
Profc
Archaeologist

It would be kind of interesting if Lara buys a haunted European castle in the next game and starts renovating it as a game mechanic, and explores its mysteries. Ghosts, medieval murder mystery, science, magic, demonology, nobility, their other estates across the world. It could be an interesting point if the previous owners of the castle were collectors much like Lara.
Old 27-04-21, 11:04   #14
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
It would be kind of interesting if Lara buys a haunted European castle in the next game and starts renovating it as a game mechanic, and explores its mysteries. Ghosts, medieval murder mystery, science, magic, demonology, nobility, their other estates across the world. It could be an interesting point if the previous owners of the castle were collectors much like Lara.
That sounds like Eternal Darkness: Tomb Raider edition.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-21, 12:34   #15
Profc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
That sounds like Eternal Darkness: Tomb Raider edition.
Sounds intriguing I have to google this.
It seems that every single idea is done multiple times
Old 27-04-21, 14:33   #16
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Lara should own a personality first
Budum tssss.
Old 30-04-21, 17:02   #17
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Real Estate of the Tomb Raider
Old 30-04-21, 18:11   #18
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Real Estate of the Tomb Raider
YAAAAAAAS! I wanna see Lara looking at properties with a sexy realtor (guy or girl) and she knows after seeing it she wants it and pays all cash. I wanna see serious baller moves from her now that she has all this fun money! Suitcases of cash and shopping sprees. But like for guns, gear, rarities and intel from black market dealers. I'm dying for a montage in a Tomb Raider game with bad ass licensed music.

We always got to see Lara with her established goodies and toys, but what a ride it would be to watch reboot Lara buy all that **** new. Wow! Rolling up in a new yacht with sunglasses and a bathingsuit behind the wheel smiling as she pulls up to a dock to meet a character for a business meeting.

Bringing the wealth, spending, and lifestyle to the forefront is exactly what the franchise needs to ring in a whole new level of campy fun and lightness that we miss. Show the novelty of Lara stepping into her own shoes and shedding her reboot worries. Omg that would be so cathartic to experience.
Old 02-05-21, 16:51   #19
Mistrale
Hobbyist

Three words: Chateau De Mornay. Make an ancestral residence of De Mornay family, who were the ancient dynasty tied to some secret society. Amelia's plane crash wasn't an accident, but a mean to end the bloodline, and now Lara is the last one remaining member of the family (they could get rid of Atlas in the prologue).
Mistrale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 19:54   #20
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistrale View Post
Three words: Chateau De Mornay. Make an ancestral residence of De Mornay family, who were the ancient dynasty tied to some secret society. Amelia's plane crash wasn't an accident, but a mean to end the bloodline, and now Lara is the last one remaining member of the family (they could get rid of Atlas in the prologue).
I Looooove ancestral lore. That's why I'm so interested in the theory of Conrad Roth being Lara's real father. (Hate the saccharine melo-drama of the two parents, but if you told me Lara had a pirate cult member great great grandfather 10 generations ago who left treasure at sea, as a wild example, that's sometime cool and interesting.)

But I'm so glad I'm not the only one absolutely enamored with the Atlas character from the reboot. An understated menacing force that has so many secrets about Lara's family history. If we ever get a glimpse of the type of suffocating uppercrust lifestyle that classic Lara escaped, it should take the form of Lara taking a meeting with Atlas at the De Mornay Estate like you said, where Lara is given intel and he's an absolute 3D chess player, but plays it so cool that you can barely tell until Lara points it all out and then you're like HMMMM She's smart!. (And that's important, to sometimes put Lara a step ahead of the player, and letting her be the gateway to epiphanies. Instead of always making her the last to know). I think he would make the perfect Powell type character vibe-wise, but even better because he's linked to Lara personally, like batman and joker. I do want him to care a little about Lara, but just be so utterly slivering, conniving and sneaky about getting what he wants. Like "Gone Girl" levels of psychological thriller.