Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-04-19, 21:05   #1
Blackmoor

Default SPOILERS: Game of Thrones Final Season Discussion

I was looking for the GOT final season thread and I couldn't find one, so here it is.........

Game of Thrones Season 8 full spoiler discussion.

Here is Season 7's previous discussion for info: Here

Recent Trailers

First episode starts in 1 day 4 hours.

Very excited and glad to finally see the ending.... although with some apprehensions. I have a feeling that one of my favourite character's ending isn't going to be what I want. But here it is FINALLY.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 13-04-19 at 21:06.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 21:18   #2
Rai

I have such mixed feelings over this final season. I can't wait to watch it, but I'm also sad it's ending. I'm nervous because I so want S8 to be good and not a rushed mess (with characters basically teleporting around Westeros). I'm also extremely nervous for my fave characters as no one is safe in this show .

(I'm gonna be somewhat behind everyone else as I have to wait until I can get it on a streaming service.)

Last edited by Rai; 13-04-19 at 21:20.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 21:22   #3
Nemo_91

Literally the only time I can't wait for a Monday. (It gets released on Monday here.)
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 12:02   #4
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I have such mixed feelings over this final season. I can't wait to watch it, but I'm also sad it's ending. I'm nervous because I so want S8 to be good and not a rushed mess (with characters basically teleporting around Westeros). I'm also extremely nervous for my fave characters as no one is safe in this show .
Amen to the teleporting around Westeros. Not to be on a downer about GOT but I did find season 7 to not be as good as the previous one's, I hope they can pull it back and finish on greatness this season.

I saw an interview with GRR recently where he said what happens to the main characters at the end of the show is roughly what will happen to them in the books, so we will be getting his vision of the end at least.

Quote:
(I'm gonna be somewhat behind everyone else as I have to wait until I can get it on a streaming service.)
I probably won't watch all of them at the time they go out either - 2am as you know in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
Literally the only time I can't wait for a Monday. (It gets released on Monday here.)
Same.

-----

So many questions I want answered this season but most of all:
  • Who is the Lord of Light
  • What did Varys hear in the flames
  • Why are the WW here (invading the south and trying to kill everyone), what do they want, what have they been doing since the last Long Night
  • What is the purpose of the 3 eyed Raven. Was that previous one just sat there waiting for the WW to return?
  • What was going on with Jon's real parents. How did they get together and why did his father leave his first wife.
  • Who is Azor Ahai reborn (if anyone is)
  • Why are the seasons irregular as they are
Old 15-04-19, 02:27   #5
klona
Golden

Just finished watching it!
The end of the first episode... OMG. I have been waiting for that moment since season 7 ended.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 02:57   #6
Legends

I still can't believe there is only six episodes after watching the first episode.

Last edited by Legends; 15-04-19 at 03:02.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 13:19   #7
Rai

I thought ep.1 was a pretty solid 'set the scene' episode with quite a few awkward character reunions .

I'm glad Jon riding Rhaegal wasn't too easy for him . Drogon by far had the best character moment in the episode .

Last edited by Rai; 15-04-19 at 13:27.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 15:01   #8
xcrushterx

"I wanted those elephants" - iconic.
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 18:32   #9
Dennis's Mom

It was a good episode, but no real surprises. Just some housekeeping.

Watching those dragons swoop around was fantastic.

You know, I think we're all going to be surprised at the Bran/Jamie reunion. I think Jamie may try to apologize, but Bran is so over being Bran now, I don't think he'll care. It will be interesting if he tells Jamie that Cersei is sleeping with Urion (sp?).
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 19:15   #10
Blackmoor

^I think Jaime would be devastated. I think he still loves her despite everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushterx View Post
"I wanted those elephants" - iconic.
Agree.

------------

Yeah, the Cersei sleeping with Euron bit Is she trying to pretend to him that hers and Jaime's baby is his??? Or has she lost the baby already as she was drinking wine this time unlike when she spoke to Tyrion last season.

Or does she just find him attractive?

Like most, I found this episode a reasonably solid 1st episode. It feels bonkers that we've only got 5 more to go now.

I liked Sansa being snippy with everyone as for someone who had to stay silent for so long, I get that she needs to speak her mind now. Provided it doesn't go on too long..... as Bran says, they don't have time for any of this. I am though getting fed up of Lady Mormont always ripping everyone apart. I loved her at first but it's a bit much now.

I find the whole Jon being the rightful heir irritating because I prefer Dany but I know it's a 50:50 thing with audiences so I don't expect everyone to agree. I just hope they don't try and make her into a baddie in all this. I know she's done dubious things but I do feel that she's painted as "dark" for things that other characters are just allowed to get away with.

Ayra seems to have calmed down or is having a moment of calm before becoming crazy, psycho again. I was a bit disappointed in some of her reunion scenes although she had so many (the hound, Gendry, Jon) that it was hard to pull them all off with sufficient emotional resonance. Maybe they'll expand more in the next episodes.

I am most wondering what they're going to do with Bran...... I hope there's some kind of twist on who he is. Even perhaps him not being wholly good.......... or not wholly on the side of humans. But at the very least let's see some of the things only he can tap into.

I wish GRR was still writing Tyrion and Varys's dialogue, two characters I feel who are suffering because book source material isn't there any more.

I liked Yara's rescue but I did feel it was a bit rushed, perfunctory in execution.

Overall though........ it wasn't too bad. I expect it to really kick off next episode.

Anyone got any predictions on how it'll all end in the final episode??

Last edited by Blackmoor; 15-04-19 at 19:21.