Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 31-12-18, 17:09   #11
Danath

Question

Sorry, i think i didn't explain myself properly.

What i want is to export those new statics using TRViewer, then import them into my TR2 level.
To do that i need to generate a .tr4 file, because TRViewer can only open those.
So i followed dissapearing-boy's instructions, and they are saved into the .was properly. Then i generate the .tr4 level with the converter and it is successful.
But when i open the .tr4 level in TRViewer the new statics aren't there.

Dissapearing-boy said it isn't necessary to use the editor at all for this, so i'm pretty confused right now.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-19, 20:27   #12
thewolf
Golden

Question

Almost 1 month has passed and I'am not sure if your issue got solved
Could you solve it?
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-19, 21:39   #13
Danath

Red face

Sorry, i forgot about this thread because in the end i couldn't resolve it. And i resorted to my "simpler" method of downloading a level that has relevant statics to what i want to build and export them with TRViewer.

I didn't try what DJ Full said with NGLE, i tried it but using original TRLE ( tried to make a simple 1 room level and output a .tom ), but it didn't work. All processes are successful but the statics don't appear in the .TR4, even after replacing the originals with them in WadMerger, on the .was.
Maybe it has to be specifically NGLE for it to work, but i'm not really interested in learning that at the moment so i'm using my workaround method.

If you discover how to do it with NGLE and can provide step instructions for it i would be very grateful.
Old 04-02-19, 20:55   #14
thewolf
Golden

Lightbulb

I downloaded the official trle and the Wadmerger.

Let's say you want this object: http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=2691

1. Open the Wadmerger and close it right after to get access to the main window(Don't know why but in my case I have to close the first window)

2.Select Load WAD on the left side of your window and open the Folder ---->trle----->graphics---->wads----->Catacomb.WAS

3.Select Load WAD on the right side of your window. Now open your file which you downloaded. You should see now one object on the right side and many on the left side.

4.Click on the object on your right side, so that it is marked. Now click copy to transfer it to the left side.

5.Check , just to make sure your object was really copied to the left side(Eventually delete some of those objects which you don't need to get a better view)

6. Click now Save WAD on your left side. Go to the Folder trle---->graphics--->wads----->Catacombs.WAS

7.Your object should be now in this Catacombs.WAS file

8.We need to turn this file into a .TR4 file. To do this we open again the Folder trle and open the file tom2pc

9.Under the section Edit script: Click Add / Open now the Folder trle--->graphics--->wads--->Catacombs.WAS (Be careful to click the one with the latest date , not the one from 2000)
If your latest file doesn't show up try switch to "show all files"(not only .Tom files)

10. If you opened now the catacombs.WAS file click "Build all" on the right side of your window.

11.Open now tombviewer ---->open the Folder trle--->data--->catacombs.tr4
Your object should be now somewhere in this file and you can use it

This is how I figured it out the last minutes. Maybe my method is not the smartest or fastest way but it works for me

Good luck to all non TR4, TRNG and TombEditor builders
Old 05-02-19, 00:32   #15
Danath

Thumbs up

Thank you thewolf!

I finally got the damn thing working, but instead of Catacomb i had to use Settomb wad. For some reason the catacomb wad doesn't want to be converted into a .tr4, was trying everything.
Old 05-02-19, 08:38   #16
thewolf
Golden

Arrow

Hey Danath,

nice I could help you with this. Catacomb.was
was just for example. Sometimes this whole thing is bugged
, atleast you could get it to work. That's all what matters, now you can get specific objects without downloading a huge level file . Some objects aren't even in levels and can only be downloaded separately

I wish I could've solved this sooner but well..... you know....
not much time for Tomb Raider lately
Old 05-02-19, 12:43   #17
DaroRaider

Hey thewolf,
Why you are an "unnamed" raider, I mean, in trle. Net it doesn't say nothing about your real name.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 18:45   #18
Danath

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Hey Danath,

nice I could help you with this. Catacomb.was
was just for example. Sometimes this whole thing is bugged
, atleast you could get it to work. That's all what matters, now you can get specific objects without downloading a huge level file . Some objects aren't even in levels and can only be downloaded separately

I wish I could've solved this sooner but well..... you know....
not much time for Tomb Raider lately
Tutorial level didn't want to show the new objects, and catacomb didn't want to compile.
Don't worry, it's not a thing i need inmediately as i can't apply all the detail to the levels until the texture patch. But it's nice to get it working right now.
Old 06-02-19, 05:19   #19
thewolf
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Hey thewolf,
Why you are an "unnamed" raider, I mean, in trle. Net it doesn't say nothing about your real name.
Greetings DaroRaider,

yes trle . net doesn't show much of my bio. It's kinda hard to explain for me why things are what they are. I don't want to get stalked/spied from people I know in my private life (family intern) . Maybe it's hard for you all to understand but if you guys would be in my place, you would do the same Even my email is just for Tomb Raider related stuff.... . I'm not registered on any social network things like Facebook, Twitter or what else they are called......
It's hard to believe but it's the truth. I hope you all understand. I don't want Tomb Raider getting ruined by those people

Take care guys
Old 06-02-19, 20:54   #20
Danath

Exclamation

Whoa that sounds serious, thewolf.
Just do whatever is best for you, your well-being comes first. Take care.