Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 12-11-21, 07:14   #21
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
The moon and the stars are indeed things in the original game, just hidden. In fact, you can see the moon in the PS1 version, only in Gallows Tree. It was broken on PC before, but we fixed it

Original PC moon:

And, a lot of platform fixes are planned, they just take a lot of time
Ah I didn't know that, that’s pretty cool. Of course, I understand these projects can take months/years but the differences are already breathtaking.

It's been a pretty good year for classic fans overall when the tomb5 project is put together with Anniversary Edition, TR1Main and a number of other projects.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 08:07   #22
Caesum

I did a quick check (will do a longer one tomorrow, on my birthday lmao <3 ) and I'm loving the changes, I have three more ideas you could consider:

- On my end the loading pictures do not appear on 1920x1080x32 resolution. Would it be possible to fix that as well?

- It seems FMV videos change resolution to 320x240 or 640x480 (not sure, small one). This makes the game window behave rather terrible in fullscreen, especially on windows 10. After playing the game all my other windows were thrown into corner and made super small lol. Could it be possible to force the game to always use user-chosen resolution and the FMVs just scale to it?

- The game seems to be using float points to render everything now... Except the braid movement? The braid still seems to click to full integers when moving. It's especially noticeable when using the look button. Is it possible to fix that?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 12:36   #23
ANoDE
Golden

Very cool stuff! Thank you for this.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 15:34   #24
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Ah I didn't know that, that’s pretty cool. Of course, I understand these projects can take months/years but the differences are already breathtaking.

It's been a pretty good year for classic fans overall when the tomb5 project is put together with Anniversary Edition, TR1Main and a number of other projects.
I'm glad to be part of it Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I did a quick check (will do a longer one tomorrow, on my birthday lmao <3 ) and I'm loving the changes, I have three more ideas you could consider:

- On my end the loading pictures do not appear on 1920x1080x32 resolution. Would it be possible to fix that as well?

- It seems FMV videos change resolution to 320x240 or 640x480 (not sure, small one). This makes the game window behave rather terrible in fullscreen, especially on windows 10. After playing the game all my other windows were thrown into corner and made super small lol. Could it be possible to force the game to always use user-chosen resolution and the FMVs just scale to it?

- The game seems to be using float points to render everything now... Except the braid movement? The braid still seems to click to full integers when moving. It's especially noticeable when using the look button. Is it possible to fix that?
Thank you for your reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Very cool stuff! Thank you for this.
Thank you! I appreciate it
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 17:03   #25
Jathom95

Absolutely everything about this already sounds wonderful, and I can't wait to try it on my next replay.

However, the prospect of finally fixing those awful bugs in Red Alert is beyond amazing to me! Can't wait for those!
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 17:14   #26
ANoDE
Golden

If I may, I have a request.
Would it be possible to go directly into the 'Load Game' screen upon death, or at least preselect 'Load Game' in the main menu after dying?

Having the 'New Game' option highlighted often times leads to me starting a new game, and - even more frustrating - having to endure that flyby at the beginning of 'Streets of rome' before I can load. This is infuriating.
Old 12-11-21, 17:31   #27
.snake.

Quote:
Would it be possible to go directly into the 'Load Game' screen upon death, or at least preselect 'Load Game' in the main menu after dying?

Having the 'New Game' option highlighted often times leads to me starting a new game, and - even more frustrating - having to endure that flyby at the beginning of 'Streets of rome' before I can load. This is infuriating.
Yes! I always wondered why Chronicles had this, since it’s not at all present in TR4 - and they both have the same style of main menu flybys.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 18:17   #28
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Absolutely everything about this already sounds wonderful, and I can't wait to try it on my next replay.

However, the prospect of finally fixing those awful bugs in Red Alert is beyond amazing to me! Can't wait for those!
Thank you!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Yes! I always wondered why Chronicles had this, since it’s not at all present in TR4 - and they both have the same style of main menu flybys.
Thank you for your request! this annoys me too :P I just fixed it, and it will be included in next release! thank you!
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 21:47   #29
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Thank you!

Thank you for your request! this annoys me too :P I just fixed it, and it will be included in next release! thank you!
OMG!
Thanks so much
Old 12-11-21, 23:58   #30
Vitin_96

Quote:

Maybe there's a way to restore the game over screen from consoles and load the game from there, instead of the game throwing you back to the title screen?
Vitin_96 is offline   Reply With Quote