Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 17-01-21, 20:57   #531
red_lion

Thanks TRJTA for making the game prettier.

I am looking forward to the high resolution pack.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 18:43   #532
TRJTA

Little update:

The following levels are now 100% finished regarding the HD textures AND all extra glitches I fxed as far as I can (fixed quite a few extra ones). For these HD textured levels I made 100% sure that they are based on the best versions of the level files and that they also include all level fixes by nakamichi680. So this in total results in that these are the very best versions of these level files ever:

- Parisian Back Streets
- Derelict Apartment Block
- Industrial Rooftops

There are still glitches remaining which I hope nakamichi680 can fix one day or whenever it will be possible to edit the geometry of the levels.

Again I would like to point out that the HD textures are now fully implemented into the level files. So no more Texmod!

Last edited by TRJTA; 20-01-21 at 19:23.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 21:00   #533
Heartache

nice! gonna try this out on the weekend
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 21:35   #534
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
nice! gonna try this out on the weekend
I haven't uploaded these latest files (yet) though, sorry! I'm uncertain whether I'm going to release them at all before the remaster is fully finished.
Old 20-01-21, 21:43   #535
VictorXD

Awesome update! Looking forward to see how everything looks and not needing texmod is definitely a huge improvement. I saw that you wanted HD models now that importing mods is possible, I could try my hand at them if you want to include them in your mod I haven't tried AOD modding yet and I'll busy with Uni again once classes start, so I don't want to make any promises yet. But I'll be sure to post here any updates I might have if you want to.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 06:16   #536
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Awesome update! Looking forward to see how everything looks and not needing texmod is definitely a huge improvement. I saw that you wanted HD models now that importing mods is possible, I could try my hand at them if you want to include them in your mod I haven't tried AOD modding yet and I'll busy with Uni again once classes start, so I don't want to make any promises yet. But I'll be sure to post here any updates I might have if you want to.
Ah yes indeed. That sounds amazing! I think the best would be to keep the models as good as the same and just improve the details: more detailed hands, ears, hair with proper alpha channels, less harsh lips, actual eyelashes, some more polygons for the facew (especially the noses).

Of course I would adore to include them in this mod!
Old 21-01-21, 18:40   #537
Heartache

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
I haven't uploaded these latest files (yet) though, sorry! I'm uncertain whether I'm going to release them at all before the remaster is fully finished.
not to be rude but maybe not sit on enhancements for too long because I mean this thread is like 6 or 7 years old
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 19:40   #538
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
not to be rude but maybe not sit on enhancements for too long because I mean this thread is like 6 or 7 years old
Yes I know. I didn't sit on the content at all in the past. I released everything I did back then almost immediately. It's been a long time since I worked on this.

It is my hope and intention to continue working on this project in a steady, intermitting pace this time around. A pace in which I'll hopefully prevent getting burnt out from it, keep it fun and retain my interest and motivation.

I feel like not releasing everything I make immediately will help me keep control of the quality of things and prevent people from consuming it all at once, finding out it's not finished yet and loosing interest the next second.

I do intend to release a good quality comparison screenshot of finished areas from time to time to show what I'm working on and I will release the remaster or maybe chunks of it when the time feels right.

Let's hope I will manage to finish it this time around! It's been so many years, it would be nice to finish this project. By seeing what I can do I know it has so much potential to really let this game shine and show it's full potential.

Greetings!
Old 24-01-21, 12:32   #539
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Maybe it is faster to finish one level at a time and then upload it. Like Nakamichi did. But it is your project. Looking forward to see it.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 12:51   #540
michaeldt

I think the Resident Evil 4 HD project has been releasing one level at a time for a few years now
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote