Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 11-08-19, 17:42   #1
NicNamSam

Default Is there any way to disable hard-coded control keys?

Like TR3, I wanted to use Ctrl to duck/crawl, but Ctrl is seemingly hard-coded by default to be shoot/action. Even though I change the control of action to E, it maintains the default as well, meaning I can't duck with guns without constantly shooting. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I have the steam version.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 19:43   #2
sackboy123

Sadly no, you can assign new controls to specific actions but the original controls will always be there no matter what you do, so when assigning new keys, make sure it doesn't overlap with a default control
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 22:04   #3
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNamSam View Post
Like TR3, I wanted to use Ctrl to duck/crawl, but Ctrl is seemingly hard-coded by default to be shoot/action. Even though I change the control of action to E, it maintains the default as well, meaning I can't duck with guns without constantly shooting. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I have the steam version.
I also had an issue with this back when I replayed TRIV yet again last year (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=220830)
Apparently, those keys are hardcoded so I had to re-learn my fingers to use different keys for certain actions.
What I had even greater issue with is that in TRV you can't use number keys to draw out weapons, you have to go to the inventory instead every time unlike in TRIV.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 08:57   #4
mizuno_suisei

I had no idea the crawl key in TR3 was CTRL. Always thought it was ,

The more you know
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 14:09   #5
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post

The more you know
I think they mean they changed it to ctrl
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 00:39   #6
NicNamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post

The more you know
I changed it to control, but there was no conflict like in TR4 because they programmed it to override the default keys if you custom assign an action to that key. Even if you set custom controls, it still keeps all the default keys functional, though. But you can override them at least.

I'll have to see if it causes a problem. So far, it's not often that I duck with my guns out, anyway. It seems like 'Ctrl' is the best key to me because I can press any other direction or action while crawling because I'm using my pinky finger.

I really wish there were control mods for TR games to fix this issue, and also return to the TR1 and TR2 style controls where I can turn while still holding walk. It's bad design for me to be able to walk and turn, but as soon as I stop, my turn suddenly turns into a sidestep and I have to release walk to turn, but then press it again to walk. What a mess.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote