Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 15-05-19, 02:58   #6251
VictorXD

Ugh me too. C'mon ex Core members it's been 13 years already, please for the love all things holy release this wonderful gem to us. The holy grail of Tomb Raider. It's been enough time, would SE even give a damn about the game leaking?

This game is so amazing. I'd love to see what could come together of the ex Core staff directing a spin off LC game, with full creative freedom.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 06:24   #6252
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You've got the timeline backwards, the Nazi stuff was never part of TRAE. Look at the trailers we got.

Those decorations were added after the game was cancelled, when they were pitching an Indiana Jones game to LucasArts, Natla's mines was redecorated and an Indy model made but it never took off.
So we basically would have got a indy game from Core Design reusing assets and the engine from10th Anniversary?

I wish we at least got that, more so since Staff of Kings on the PSP wasnt that great.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 07:28   #6253
Ruu11

Me and a friend both have a theory that Ashka has a playable version of TRAE, but he can't obviously release it. We'll never know I gues...
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 07:50   #6254
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Me and a friend both have a theory that Ashka has a playable version of TRAE, but he can't obviously release it. We'll never know I gues...
If anyone does it really wouldn't be hard to leak it. Just put it on a USB, go to an internet cafe, and upload it on a throwaway account on MediaFire and post on Reddit with a throwaway account.

I used to have faith that it would be leaked one day but honestly I just don't think it will anymore. =/
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 08:20   #6255
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
If anyone does it really wouldn't be hard to leak it. Just put it on a USB, go to an internet cafe, and upload it on a throwaway account on MediaFire and post on Reddit with a throwaway account.

I used to have faith that it would be leaked one day but honestly I just don't think it will anymore. =/
Reminds me of the nearly completely finished Ultima Pagan expansion which would have cleared up plotholes due to EA forcing them to rush the game but then EA didn't let them release it due to the reception due to being rushed.

It also hasn't been leaked.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 11:37   #6256
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
would SE even give a damn about the game leaking?
Honestly they'd probably flip if a classic TR beta leaked, and that's a disc someone actually owns. If TRAE gets leaked they might sue the one responsible since they technically don't "own" it.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 13:50   #6257
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xopax View Post
Still waiting for the day we get to play this.
They can keep it
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 17:37   #6258
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Honestly they'd probably flip if a classic TR beta leaked, and that's a disc someone actually owns. If TRAE gets leaked they might sue the one responsible since they technically don't "own" it.
Would they though? Plenty of classic betas have leaked over the years and nothing happened.

Sure they might take an issue with an unreleased game but I doubt it tbh. TRA is already out there, the game is almost 15 years old, the platform it is in is dead, Classic Lara is dead, and the franchise is focusing on something else entirely. What would they lose with the beta leaking? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as that :/ Beta builds themselves always have some sort of information regarding whose build it is/what artist was the one responsible. Either because only X person worked on Y feature that exists solely on their build of the game or whatever. It wouldn't be too hard to track whoever's behind it, especially considering how small the Core team were.

The ball is in the dev's court now, we just have to hope that one day one of them finally stops being afraid of the consequences and just upload it already, because to be honest I doubt there would be any for them to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
I doubt it. Ash just has a really good relationship with ex Core members he has built over the years. If he DID have TRAE though I'm sure he'd try to leak it somehow or at least show as much as he can of the game, as in every area/level. He wouldn't just sit on his ass and do nothing.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 18:47   #6259
Xopax

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
He wouldn't just sit on his ass and do nothing.
Yeah, that's more like something someone else would do...
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 20:00   #6260
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You've got the timeline backwards, the Nazi stuff was never part of TRAE. Look at the trailers we got.

Those decorations were added after the game was cancelled, when they were pitching an Indiana Jones game to LucasArts, Natla's mines was redecorated and an Indy model made but it never took off.
Wow didn't know that.

I also remember seeing somewhere that the developers of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb(Collective) also pitched a sequel of Emperor's Tomb to Lucasarts but Lucasarts didn't approve.(Since they themselves wanted to develop the next Indy game.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote