Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-08-19, 21:39   #6331
ashka

Sorry folks, overrun with my day-to-day job + trdas.
Might be a few months. I just physically can't coordinate this at the moment.

I had initial talks with Nakamichi and we'll be looking into it eventually.

Also pending more stuff re:TRAE from the great anon but they always take FOREVER to contact so we just have to wait. They (like everyone) have a job / family / kids and don't really care about tomb raider anymore.
It took them like 8 months to send stuff last time. Just need to be patient is all. We waited 14 years with no hope

Quote:
A very very long while. So long that it might not ever get completed
that attitude won't get you far around here sweet thing

Last edited by ashka; 27-08-19 at 21:40. Reason: Janicing
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:41   #6332
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
that attitude won't get you far around here sweet thing
I wouldn’t worry, we’re not from the same class... *no offense.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 04:53   #6333
JoelCaesar

Wait a sec. There is a project to restore this game? Oh goodness, I'm sorry guys I never realized!

I thought it was in reference to the original CORE team.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 17:41   #6334
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Wait a sec. There is a project to restore this game? Oh goodness, I'm sorry guys I never realized!

I thought it was in reference to the original CORE team.
Nothing is explicitly confirmed but based on the hints that have been given, it seems like ashka has been able to get hold of the unfinished game. It's just that, presumably, it's in a state where it wouldn't be easily playable for your average Joe (maybe it requires a PSP dev kit or emulator or sth) so there's some work needed to get it into a state where it can be released. That work will have to wait a bit, though, since ashka is currently busy with TRDS.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 01:22   #6335
LaraCablara

I am curious how it controls. I know it was not finished but it looked really rough. After AOD I would think the controls would be the first thing they finished up.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 03:01   #6336
Boobandie

Try playing Free Running (PC and PS2), the engine used in that game was what TRAE runs on. There's even an AOD Lara model buried in the game's files.

It controls pretty well, not as smoothly as TR Legend, but it still has that same weight to the movements that I miss from Core's games.

For TRAE assets, while a playable game would obviously be ideal, even just the raw level meshes, models, and textures would allow us to port it to the Level Editor.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:50.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 07:51   #6337
Joey79100

I wouldn't bet on the engine to define how the game controls. From the videos it was pretty much TR1-5 animations imported directly into the game (with some additional animations), and by the looks of it the controls felt like they were the same.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 10:22   #6338
DunHill
Inactive

If I recall correctly on a book about the history of Tomb Raider, they talk quite a bit about Core's TRAE. Even if they would keep in mind the grid system to correctly adapt the old maps, they had a completly new system of blending animations in order to fix the control mess they had in AOD and so it would feel way better to play
DunHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 13:34   #6339
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I wouldn't bet on the engine to define how the game controls. From the videos it was pretty much TR1-5 animations imported directly into the game (with some additional animations), and by the looks of it the controls felt like they were the same.
The whole project started with people at Core putting a Lara model into Free Running and realising that Free Running's controls would work well for a Tomb Raider game and a lot of the moves seen in the trailers look very similar to Free Running. So while you're correct that them using the same engine doesn't mean that the controls would've been similar, I think in this case they actually would have been.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 15:20   #6340
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Try playing Free Running (PC and PS2), the engine used in that game was what TRAE runs on. There's even an AOD Lara model buried in the game's files.

It controls pretty well, not as smoothly as TR Legend, but it still has that same weight to the movements that I miss from Core's games.

For TRAE assets, while a playable game would obviously be ideal, even just the raw level meshes, models, and textures would allow us to port it to the Level Editor.
it's also on wii and PSP, though only the wii version came to the US
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote