www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 17-07-21, 23:26   #1
Telekill
Student

Arrow TR Shadowbox Project Completed

Happy to say that my shadowbox project has completed. This is the 5th I've done. It represents the series and will be going up on my wall of fame next to the others. Each box has the following...

- Complete copy of a game from the series.
- Timeline of the main releases (12 max).
- Scene from the displayed game.
- Push button speaker with songs from the series.

I thought I would share. It took me probably 30 hours to complete. I focused on how to do angles instead of just layers which really worked well for the T-Rex head and the wood beams at the top.

I tried embedding the images direct but it wouldn't let me. Sorry for them being links.

https://flic.kr/p/2mbN5hN

https://flic.kr/p/2mbRLQD

Video of box to show speaker functionality and which 4 songs were selected.

https://youtu.be/ymPcmMEDMCw
Old 21-07-21, 16:10   #2
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Wow..... Really nice. A lot of work and ingenuity went into putting it all together. Not to mention lots of hours. Loved the T-Rex.

You mention you did others - maybe u could post those for us too.
Old 22-07-21, 12:35   #3
Telekill
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Wow..... Really nice. A lot of work and ingenuity went into putting it all together. Not to mention lots of hours. Loved the T-Rex.

You mention you did others - maybe u could post those for us too.
Thank you. It's been a series of projects that have gotten me through the last year and a half.

With me having difficulties posting the actual images here, I've linked to my VGCollect gallery that has them all there. In fact, they are the only things pictured there so it makes it easy.

https://www.vgcollect.com/gallery/Telekill

Both the Tomb Raider and Uncharted boxes have two photos... one without the frame and one with. Ninja Turtles was the first I made. Then Jurassic Park. Then Resident Evil. Uncharted was the 4th. Tomb Raider the newest. Shenmue is in the works.

Last edited by Telekill; 22-07-21 at 12:36.
Telekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 13:43   #4
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Thanks... all of them are really neat. Quite an accomplishment to complete them all in 1 1/2 years. At least it kept your mind on track. - Post your recent one when complete.

Edit: You have lots on your wish list. I don’t tend to play games that often, especially in the summer (prefer to be outdoors). I had some TR PC games (that I should have kept) when I moved to the xBox (thinking they would be released forever lol). I takes me awhile to get though the games as I enjoy the scenery and play through. I have got some ideas of games from players (ie Alice - as I loved Alice in Wonderland; although not quite the same lol). Alice in Wonderland for the PC and all the newer TR games for the xBox are the only physical copies I kept. Usually trade all the others, but most are digitally available now.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 22-07-21 at 14:00.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote