www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-07-21, 02:09   #8651
Frceghst8
Student

Aaamen, I couldn't have said it better. Thanks Jathom.
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 03:34   #8652
biscuits
Relic Hunter

You should've seen this forum back in the DLC 8 days. Now that's toxic. It was the nastiest this forum has ever been. The Tomb Raider subreddit consists of reboot circlejerking that's true, but I've never seen people there get as mean or nasty as some people did here
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 04:35   #8653
Princess_Paige
Golden

Now that Keeley is back in Reloaded I would say it’s safe to assume that she will be returning as unified Lara. Seeing as how I very much doubt Square Enix would pay her a large amount of money just to do Reloaded, and the fact that she’s a famous, busy and respected actress, I don’t see her returning for just a mobile game. I hope so anyway, I’m excited for the high level of talent she brings
Old 22-07-21, 07:41   #8654
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Now that Keeley is back in Reloaded I would say it’s safe to assume that she will be returning as unified Lara. Seeing as how I very much doubt Square Enix would pay her a large amount of money just to do Reloaded, and the fact that she’s a famous, busy and respected actress, I don’t see her returning for just a mobile game. I hope so anyway, I’m excited for the high level of talent she brings
I doubt it, as they’ve brought back shelley judith and jonell too on reloaded. What a waste of terric VAs for such a low effort game.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 08:16   #8655
killchan
Professor

The tombraider subreddit is a literal photomode feed.
That type of mild, unoffensive positivity can be toxic only if you see it as such.

They like the last few games and that Lara and see them as the ideal framework for the future games.
If you see it as a toxic environment, you must be subconsciously afraid that the existence of that subreddit might affect the direction of the new game, and I don't think that's a rational position to have.

If I went in there and posted a list of everything wrong with any reboot game,
that'd be on me. They enjoy those games despite the objective shortcomings. it's fine.

Last edited by killchan; 22-07-21 at 08:18.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 08:19   #8656
Slugly
Explorer

Quote:
The TR subreddit is extremely biased towards the reboot,
Lol and TRF is extremely biased toward the classics. A classic circlejerk like someone else said. Most members keep posting hateful things about the reboot and Camilla all the time.
The subreddit is a safe place.

Quote:
And they didn't have to reboot their own game not once.
It was rebooted because of their failures, they caused it
Slugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 08:26   #8657
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
The tombraider subreddit is a literal photomode feed.
That type of positivity can be toxic only if you see it as such.

They like the last few games and that Lara and see them as the ideal framework for the future games.
If you see it as a toxic environment, you must be subconsciously afraid that the existence of that subreddit might affect the direction of the new game, and I don't think that's a rational position to have.

If I went in there and posted a list of everything wrong with any reboot game,
that'd be on me. They enjoy those games despite the objective shortcomings. it's fine.

To be fair though it seems like the tr subreddit is exactly the type of audience crystal is trying to appeal to, and yes that is worrying to me, cause as much as I enjoyed the reboot, ultimately it is not what i want in a tomb raider game, and honestly im tired of tomb raider being an uncharted rip off, clone, offbrand whatever you name it.

I enjoy and like reboot lara, i do have my gripes with her and how she was written in some areas, but she was a breath of fresh air.
However CD going back to square one and doing yet another soft reboot isn’t as promising as it seems.

I honestly don’t even care if we get classic lara back or of they keep Nu Lara, its the uninspired gameplay and the repetitiveness of it all, adding rpg elements because they’re trendy, and not because they’re well implemented in the game.
Its the tomb raiding being a side activity and not being the main focus.

Also doing 3 (soft and hard) reboots just proves crystal doesn’t even know what to do with tomb raider.
The last time CD showed any type of creativity and tried to think outside the box was with ascension and we all know how that turned out.
Old 22-07-21, 08:33   #8658
killchan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
To be fair though it seems like the tr subreddit is exactly the type of audience crystal is trying to appeal to, and yes that is worrying to me, cause as much as I enjoyed the reboot, ultimately it is not what i want in a tomb raider game, and honestly im tired of tomb raider being an uncharted rip off, clone, offbrand whatever you name it.
Think about it: if that's the extent of the CD's perspective on things, what can you do about it?
Old 22-07-21, 08:57   #8659
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Think about it: if that's the extent of the CD's perspective on things, what can you do about it?
Ultimately nothing but CD doing yet another soft reboot tells me that they’re willing to change for the better, or its just wishful thinking, but to quote meagan “If too much remains the same, then the game has failed to innovate or be relevant for new audiences. If there isn’t enough DNA from the original games, then you’ve lost sight of what made the franchise great.”

They seem at the very least self aware of how the reboot was the same-y throughout the trilogy and how ripped off of its central elements the reboot was.

Not to mention the reboot love is a vocal minority on reddit, as if you poke around on instagram, facebook, twitter, youtube, you name it, people want at the very least LAU lara back and thats telling.
Old 22-07-21, 09:51   #8660
DOPE
Relic Hunter

I don’t think it’s unlikely for Keeley to come back, actually..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
What a waste of terric VAs for such a low effort game.
I don’t understand the hype around it, it feels like a joke.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote