Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 24-12-17, 20:51   #401
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftonline View Post
i want a new tomb raider game continuing after underworld and with that lara.
Yes!
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 02:01   #402
The1andOnlyTR

If they do another twin stick shooter I wanna see it come to Switch! I think that'd be awesome
The1andOnlyTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 03:28   #403
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR View Post
If they do another twin stick shooter I wanna see it come to Switch! I think that'd be awesome
That actually might happen.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 12:38   #404
biscuits

I'm all for it!! I'd really like to see what they can do with a third Lara Croft title.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 13:08   #405
Nigel Cassidy

I've added you to the list. Thank you!

I may be very anti-reboot but I do welcome reboot fans who also like to see a Lara Croft game
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 13:55   #406
Athukraz

As much as I like the reboot games and the new Lara, I just finished Tomb Raider Underworld again last night and I felt so sad seeing Lara walk away in Nepal. It was the last time we saw the Lara we all loved (minus GOL and TOO). I hope the reboot Lara will become this Lara Croft SOON!
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 14:04   #407
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
As much as I like the reboot games and the new Lara, I just finished Tomb Raider Underworld again last night and I felt so sad seeing Lara walk away in Nepal. It was the last time we saw the Lara we all loved (minus GOL and TOO). I hope the reboot Lara will become this Lara Croft SOON!
Of course I am no Nostradamus, but I really don't think she ever will: there is just too much difference in tone; they live in two completely different universes.
Old 18-03-18, 14:09   #408
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Of course I am no Nostradamus, but I really don't think she ever will: there is just too much difference in tone; they live in two completely different universes.
Yeah I guess but sass and badassness can be added on this Lara to be more similar to the LAU Lara. Even if it happens there's no way reboot Lara will be as "Lara" as the LAU Lara :/
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 16:39   #409
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Yeah I guess but sass and badassness can be added on this Lara to be more similar to the LAU Lara. Even if it happens there's no way reboot Lara will be as "Lara" as the LAU Lara :/
Indeed, at best it will be a mix between LAU Lara and reboot 'Lara', which to some people sounds perfect but to me sounds like a mix between my breakfast and a pile of monkey droppings.
That's why I prefer that the TR reboot series and the Lara Croft series stay as far away from each other as possible, and both stay true to their own selves.
Old 24-03-18, 15:45   #410
Alex Croft.

Probably, she will return "only in some ways, not completely" in a very far future. Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics inverted very much time and money to reboot the series as they did in 2013, so we won't see a "similar" Lara Croft as, for example, Tomb Raider Underworld, in the next game after Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

They need to wait a lot of time to do a similar Lara. Are different universes as some of you said. Because all the previous work was nothing if they return to the 1996-2008 Lara Croft very soon.

I wrote an opinion article about it the last month, you can check it on my blog, but it's in Spanish.
Alex Croft. is offline   Reply With Quote