Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-07-20, 13:51   #30031
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Question is there any bugs with the outfit restrictions being off? Like in any DLC or something? I thought I heard there was a bug in The Nightmare.
I know in The Nightmare the game randomly forces you into the serpent guard outfit with no way to change it back. Apart from that I don't think I've experienced any other issues. I think The Nightmare was an oversight on their part, as in one of the other DLC's Lara walks up to a guard in the default outfit, and it doesn't change it to suit the scene.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 15:45   #30032
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post
It's the weird thing> Everytime I play the game I think it's actually way better than I remembered. The Consumel and cenote sections are very atmospheric and maybe I misjudged it. Then I get back to the sections in Paititi and the games issues are clearly there. I still do like Shadow quite a lot but it could have been really great.
Confession time - I've still only played the game once, when I first got it back in September 2018, and haven't touched it again since. Never even played any of the DLCs, which I want to because that looks like the best thing about this game.

I think I'll give it another playthrough. I want to like this game so ****ing much purely for the attempt at scaling back the combat and giving us more tomb-centric gameplay. I just don't think it could be executed extremely well, given they were still building the game using the same engine/model 2013 and Rise were built on. It's such a shame. Not to mention the story, but TR has never had fantastic stories so tbh I can take that for what it is.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 15:49   #30033
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Confession time - I've still only played the game once, when I first got it back in September 2018, and haven't touched it again since. Never even played any of the DLCs, which I want to because that looks like the best thing about this game.

I think I'll give it another playthrough. I want to like this game so ****ing much purely for the attempt at scaling back the combat and giving us more tomb-centric gameplay. I just don't think it could be executed extremely well, given they were still building the game using the same engine/model 2013 and Rise were built on. It's such a shame. Not to mention the story, but TR has never had fantastic stories so tbh I can take that for what it is.
If the opinion of a mega critic of the reboot games means anything the DLCs are worth playing.

The only one I'd say isn't would be the very first one, it feels like a step back, but the rest are good to play. Especially the fifth one and the seventh one. The seventh one finally gives us a tomb with multiple Chambers and puzzles to solve like classic TR games.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 22:13   #30034
LateRaider
Inactive

i'm just gonna do all the side quests post-game from now on. (except the shield one) i do actually enjoy walking about paititi, taking pics, climbing, artifact hunting, and swimming. but there's literally just an endless amount of **** to do there and i really noticed on my last playthru.

and also the nightmare changes you back into serpent guard, i think, b/c it changes your outfit from whatever you were in to the leather jacket. and i imagine the game is like "ok well forced outfit change is over, time to put you back in an appropriate outfit--oh hang on that's not appropriate, let's just do the default for this area"

tbh i would be more ok if it changed you into the blue heron tunic b/c i think that looks rly nice but serpent guard is a serpent sin
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 22:18   #30035
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
serpent guard is a serpent sin
I died

Paititi is extremely overwhelming but otherwise really fun to explore!
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 07:10   #30036
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
but serpent guard is a serpent sin
oh my god
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 22:01   #30037
FanosCroft

i didn’t played SOTTR in a while but so I don’t remember much from Lara’s Dream chapter but I did replay Rise the other day and Lara told Jacob that her last conversation with her father was a fight?? but in Shadow I don’t remember her being pissed at her dad and he actually was just asking her to do her homework... OMG is Lara lying just for the sake of being dramatic😳
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 23:31   #30038
Jamise_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
i didn’t played SOTTR in a while but so I don’t remember much from Lara’s Dream chapter but I did replay Rise the other day and Lara told Jacob that her last conversation with her father was a fight?? but in Shadow I don’t remember her being pissed at her dad and he actually was just asking her to do her homework... OMG is Lara lying just for the sake of being dramatic😳
The good storytelling
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 23:45   #30039
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
i didn’t played SOTTR in a while but so I don’t remember much from Lara’s Dream chapter but I did replay Rise the other day and Lara told Jacob that her last conversation with her father was a fight?? but in Shadow I don’t remember her being pissed at her dad and he actually was just asking her to do her homework... OMG is Lara lying just for the sake of being dramatic��
And she was 111 years old when he died and in Shadow she says she was 9
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 00:35   #30040
Rai

My head canon has it that they argued, Lara went out to play in the garden, both of them calmed down a bit, then her dad called out to ask about her homework etc. You can still hear him having the phone call while she's playing. Both the Rise and Shadow scenes are edited in a way that the time frame could work. But yeah, there are still inconsistencies.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote