www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 16-03-21, 19:49   #1
justin
Professor

Default Texture sounds beneath Bridge Flat

Hi all! Been a few years, eh? lol

So I've finally finished my TR Horizons: Hellgate Saga game (still in testing), and it was done completely with NGLE. I'm planning to work on my next saga within Tomb Editor, so I'm going to have a load of questions, as I'm only just trying it out for the first time!

One of the first things i've noticed is that texture sounds don't transfer to Bridge_Flats or Twoblock_Platforms. In NGLE, if a bridge is over a texture with, say, a metal sound applied, the Bridge acquires those sound characteristics. It doesn't appear to work this way in TE.

If there another simple way to make the Bridge or Platform sound like metal when Lara walks on it?

Thanks!
Old 16-03-21, 21:27   #2
Richard_trle
Explorer

An approach I have used to have sounds over a bridge object and surface is to have magenta texture with footstep sound assigned to it, then use a textured and transversable portal under the bridge.

But it needs more rooms, while bridges are supposed to remove the hassle of adding new rooms, I'm no expert, but I think someone could explain how we could manage to make sounds over bridge objects without using portals, actually if it is possible using Tomb Editor to achieve such a thing.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-21, 21:55   #3
tlr online
Administrator

Welcome back justin.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-21, 22:01   #4
justin
Professor

Hullo tlr! Hope all has been well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
An approach I have used to have sounds over a bridge object and surface is to have magenta texture with footstep sound assigned to it, then use a textured and transversable portal under the bridge.

But it needs more rooms, while bridges are supposed to remove the hassle of adding new rooms, I'm no expert, but I think someone could explain how we could manage to make sounds over bridge objects without using portals, actually if it is possible using Tomb Editor to achieve such a thing.
Actually that is exactly how I do it in NGLE! But it doesn't appear to be working in TE for me :S

Does it need to be applied to a portal? In NGLE, the bridge basically grabs the next texture below it, whether that be a portal (like toggle opacity2) or the ground below it.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 17-03-21, 02:07   #5
justin
Professor

*Update* Aha! Yes, looks like I need to add the texture at the portal where the bridge flat is. Or in this case, I need to add the texture at each level for my twoblock platform that's being used as an elevator
Old 17-03-21, 04:07   #6
Richard_trle
Explorer

Great! Nice to hear from you that it worked!

But I was about to clarify my statement, I though it was a bit confusing.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote