www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 17-04-21, 02:41   #1
StevenLegends
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider AOD multi patch (please help)

Hello I've been trying to get the Multi patch by Nakamichi680 to work. I dragged the game into the TRAODMP and did the changes i wanted. Saved it. Went back into the game and nothing happened. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
StevenLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 15:02   #2
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLegends View Post
Hello I've been trying to get the Multi patch by Nakamichi680 to work. I dragged the game into the TRAODMP and did the changes i wanted. Saved it. Went back into the game and nothing happened. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Which executable did you patch? There's more than one and the launcher decides which one to use. On modern systems, TRAOD_P4.exe is probably the one you should use.
Old 17-04-21, 16:38   #3
Jathom95
Hobbyist

Yeah, most of the time TRAOD_P4.exe should be all you need to patch, as ANoDE mentioned. It shouldn't matter, but what patch level are you on?
Old 18-04-21, 06:34   #4
StevenLegends
Hobbyist

I patched TRAOD_P4.exe. I restarted everything and now i'm getting application error when clicking TRAOD_P4.exe. Even when checking VMR9 in settings doesn't do the trick.
Old 18-04-21, 06:39   #5
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Quote:
I patched TRAOD_P4.exe. I restarted everything and now i'm getting application error when clicking TRAOD_P4.exe. Even when checking VMR9 in settings doesn't do the trick.
Sound like you're trying to launch AoD from the bin folder. Copy the exe and go one-up to the root folder and paste TRAOD_P4.exe here. Then give it a try.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 18:18   #6
StevenLegends
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Sound like you're trying to launch AoD from the bin folder. Copy the exe and go one-up to the root folder and paste TRAOD_P4.exe here. Then give it a try.
That was exactly the problem! Thank you so much! Now I just have one more issue and thats the fmv. Now its completely black but I can hear it. Any suggestions for that?
Old 18-04-21, 18:50   #7
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Quote:
That was exactly the problem! Thank you so much! Now I just have one more issue and thats the fmv. Now its completely black but I can hear it. Any suggestions for that?
No problem and you're welcome!

I had the same issue with FMVs. The solution below worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
After updating to Windows 10 I have the same issue. It seems the OS no longer includes an MPEG2 decoder.
To fix the problem go to this website
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
download and install "LAVFilters-0.69-Installer.exe".
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 22:53   #8
StevenLegends
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
No problem and you're welcome!

I had the same issue with FMVs. The solution below worked for me.
I don't know how to use that. I installed the .exe program but it didn't do anything.
Old 18-04-21, 23:11   #9
Jathom95
Hobbyist

It didn't do anything as in you started up the game and still see a black screen? The link above that ATombRaiderFan provided is just a codec library, so that Windows is able to recognize MPEG2 files. If you installed the exe file, which you did according to your post, it should work fine after that.

Hmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working after installing that. Just to see if the game will recognize another format, could you try installing the FMVs from here and see if those work instead?

https://icedrive.net/0/9aq68TI19p

These are MPEG1, so the game shouldn't have any trouble reading those.

Last edited by Jathom95; 18-04-21 at 23:16.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 00:28   #10
StevenLegends
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
It didn't do anything as in you started up the game and still see a black screen? The link above that ATombRaiderFan provided is just a codec library, so that Windows is able to recognize MPEG2 files. If you installed the exe file, which you did according to your post, it should work fine after that.

Hmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working after installing that. Just to see if the game will recognize another format, could you try installing the FMVs from here and see if those work instead?

https://icedrive.net/0/9aq68TI19p

These are MPEG1, so the game shouldn't have any trouble reading those.
Ok will download that but after downloading that excutable, how do I turn that back on after restarting your pc?