www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 17-04-21, 12:38   #1151
rewak
Professor

And the book we got for the 20th was all done by her too! Give that girl a raise, whatever she makes it aint enough for the amount of dedication she has to this franchise.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 14:32   #1152
DOPE
Relic Hunter

of course meagan and neha are doing their best. complaints are for the higher ups
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 17:09   #1153
TR1249
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
of course meagan and neha are doing their best. complaints are for the higher ups
But then you have some people attacking them on their Twitter, saying how this Anniversary is trash, Neha should be fired from Crystal etc.

I feel like Square is restricting them and the franchise too much sadly
Old 17-04-21, 17:19   #1154
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
But then you have some people attacking them on their Twitter, saying how this Anniversary is trash, Neha should be fired from Crystal etc.

I feel like Square is restricting them and the franchise too much sadly
Yeah, I think it all comes down to square too. I think square is the one who ruined Shadow by restricting EM. Nothing else explains why the game felt so boxed-in. Everywhere you turn in the story, the features, the character, the growth, it's like you see a path to go down, but the game turns you right back around to this stale formula that got reused but more watered down with every reboot title. The top and bottoms outfit feature could've been so much better with classic outfits. The story could've had real impact on Lara's life instead of being this isolated incident played out in a vaccuum. No manor, no classic outfits, nothing really that exciting. I really think EM did the best they could but were told not to color outside the lines or try anything too crazy to maintain the status quo for CD. So like Phoebe in charge of the ice at the party in "Friends", EM went nuts with the Pocahontas outfits lol.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 17-04-21 at 17:20.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 17:25   #1155
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

From my understanding and I could be completely wrong on this. Has Square got to green light ideas before companies like Crystal go ahead and make it? An if that is the case then who’s to say they haven’t gone forward with remakes/reimagining/ports of the Classics and Square has denied them.

My complaints ain’t for Meagan and Neha, I know they’re doing the best with the material they’re giving but unfortunately it’s a simple case of shooting the messenger. If they were to remain silent and let Square handle the celebrations then the complaints/attacks would go straight to them.

Unfortunately, as community managers it’s their job. No one should be abused for just doing their jobs but we live in world now where people think it’s acceptable to say nasty, horrible comments because they’re sat safety behind a screen. Half of these people wouldn’t say squat if it was face-to-face.

Last edited by Lara_Fan1; 17-04-21 at 17:26.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 17:47   #1156
TR1249
Archaeologist

I agree with both of you!

EM truly seemed excited for Shadow and the amount of work they put into it made it special to me (even if it reused several story aspects from Rise, etc.)

Square is probably too restrictive and both CM's have to deal with the anger of the fans sadly.
Old 17-04-21, 18:47   #1157
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Eidos Montreal are real ones. I even think all the bare man asses in paititi was them Trolling SE for not letting them show skin by putting Lara in shorts. I think SE were always saving the shorts for the unified timeline trilogy, and they stopped SE from delivering.
Old 19-04-21, 01:50   #1158
lance6439
Legend

AOD animation in the style of GoL coming this Summer featuring Jonell Elliot and written by Murti. Cannot WAIT.

Old 19-04-21, 02:17   #1159
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

DUUUUDE WHHHAAAT???? omg I hope this get murti back into the AOD universe. I'd pay a ton of money to a go fund me for some AOD sequel novels.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 07:26   #1160
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Fans giving us the real content as usual.