www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 17-04-21, 22:35   #23951
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I agree.

Back when I was on Grindr I was ignored by lads as well as blanking lads. True, I know isn’t the nicest thing to do but I always felt getting blanked was better than someone outright saying “Ew no” or something along those lines. So no answer is still an answer, I never bombarded someone with message after message I got the hint pretty clear.
Old 17-04-21, 23:01   #23952
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I may sound like an old man but I think there is a growing level of acceptance towards a lack of common curtsey and niceness these days. 'Just say 'thanks but I'm not interested'. Its not hard.

Incredibly ironic given we live in an age where people constantly spout 'be kind' then treat others like ****.

Last edited by jajay119; 17-04-21 at 23:02.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 23:09   #23953
redfox45
Professor

Well put jayjay
Old 17-04-21, 23:21   #23954
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

It’s easier said than done though, the odd time(s) when I was polite with thanks but no thanks I was than hurled abuse because people cannot take rejection, no matter how polite you put it.
Old 17-04-21, 23:39   #23955
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
It’s easier said than done though, the odd time(s) when I was polite with thanks but no thanks I was than hurled abuse because people cannot take rejection, no matter how polite you put it.
Again thats down to others feeling like they can treat others however they want these days. Rather than being gracious about the rejection they feel the need to gob off when they could just say 'ok thanks anyway'. I'm not just saying this about people who reply to messages but also those who get the reply too. Everyone could do with being a bit more kind online I think. But because its faceless it doesn't matter and a small bit of hostility makes people think they've 'won' a fight that isn't even there.

Its becoming a widespread thing with younger people today which I've noticed in recently years as a teacher- as they're all in the mindset of 'no one deserves any respect unless I think they do' whereas the mindset of 'giving a little respect unless you prove you don't deserve it' goes a lot further.

Last edited by jajay119; 17-04-21 at 23:42.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 23:45   #23956
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I think responding to a kind message is fine. If someone puts effort into trying to talk to you, why not respond? I have and ended with a decent conversation.
However, I do understand the hesitation to talk to someone you’re not interested in because they’ll attack you for not liking them back.

It says a lot more about them but also, some people don’t need to hear that kind of abuse from a stranger. Block and leave em to shout into a void but you’ll never know how the person will react when you respond with a “thanks but no thanks”

We also live in a time when even being nice to someone is misconstrued as flirting so even trying to have a passing conversation, human to human, can turn sour fast when you were just being friendly but they thought you were interested in something, even if you said no initially.

I dunno how it is on Grindr or anything. I’m just going off of my experience on Tinder, Hinge, and Instagram
Old 18-04-21, 00:01   #23957
Girafarig32
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I may sound like an old man but I think there is a growing level of acceptance towards a lack of common curtsey and niceness these days. 'Just say 'thanks but I'm not interested'. Its not hard.

Incredibly ironic given we live in an age where people constantly spout 'be kind' then treat others like ****.
Precisely. People sure can dish it out, saying "that's no way to behave", yet reflect little on their own actions or words. And I cannot stand the argument that people should have thicker skin. It's really not hard to be courteous and friendly (or even PASSIVE), and it can make a significant difference to one's mental health.
Old 18-04-21, 16:45   #23958
lance6439
Legend

https://twitter.com/justcatchmedemi/...322272771?s=21

Demi Lavatoe is just one of those people who chooses to be unlikable at this point. Imagine targeting a small business over cookies...
Old 18-04-21, 17:08   #23959
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Nothing she says surprise me anymore
Old 18-04-21, 18:12   #23960
robm_2007
Legend

I don't get it. She's complaining that there are baked goods on display...at a ****ing bakery.

Well ****, can I complain that her concerts have too much music?!