www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-04-21, 19:44   #35641
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I think the line before that was; You killed Mia, now do me and finish the job. I didnít see the beginning the sentence until after I saw that image with the quote and I just took it completely in the opposite direction.
Old 17-04-21, 19:58   #35642
xdesperado_
Explorer

It's really annoying that the US players get to play both village & castle demos first, before everywhere else.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 20:21   #35643
rewak
Professor

Do what I did, make a dummy US PSN account and play tonight. All you need is an email address you haven't registered a PSN account with yet.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 20:26   #35644
xdesperado_
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Do what I did, make a dummy US PSN account and play tonight. All you need is an email address you haven't registered a PSN account with yet.
I made one US PSN account, and another for JP many years ago, but I've forgotten my details for both as I haven't used them in ages. I've thought about making another but I cba to manage multiple dummy accounts.

Guess I'll just wait until tomorrow evening then.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 00:37   #35645
rewak
Professor

Played through the first demo on my PS4 Slim. Game plays smoothly and looks great so that question is answered. That time restriction is tight, it took me 22 minutes and I rushed. Most of it is actually talking with other characters, there is a little fighting with monsters but it gives the vibe this is going to be a much more story driven game with a lot more characters to interact with. It feels different from other RE games even in this little taste and I like it a lot!
Old 18-04-21, 11:50   #35646
killchan
Archaeologist

I'm skipping these demos. They're just fuel for the hype train at this point. It's clear that they want to get the #1 spot on Twitch.

The one they made for RE2R was cute but also necessary to make new players aware of the very basics of classic survival horror, and also to reassure fans of the original.

I'm not gonna make plans for a frigging demo, no way
I'll just wait for the game to come out.

And now I'm reading of exploits, multiple accounts... really? Stop being silly, guys, it's just a demo we'll get to play the full game eventually
Old 18-04-21, 12:50   #35647
rewak
Professor

I didn't make a US account just for this I have one for the US and another for Japan to access the PSN Store in those countries, handy for region exclusive stuff and sales. I mostly wanted to play it to see how it ran on the base versions of current gen, seeing a video is one thing but actually playing it gives you a much better idea. I was happy, I was already sold on the game but I'm glad to know this runs well on standard consoles. It doesn't feel like a downgraded version, it doesn't stutter or lag, I didn't see any pop-in or funky behaviour. Cyberpunk just got us all wary of cross gen games

Speaking of videos though, someone did make one comparing PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5

Last edited by rewak; 18-04-21 at 13:24.
Old 18-04-21, 17:08   #35648
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Why is it such a big deal the need to be online to play the demo lol I swear people love to complain about anything...

Demos are so rare these days anyway
Because not everyone wants to be online all the time on their PlayStation and because we shouldn't have to be online to play a demo that's single player only.

The demo is not a multiplayer demo so why the need to be online at all is a mystery.

I remember when Videogame Nation was cancelled and for the last two episodes they were looking back at the highlights from previous episodes and one guy said he didn't like being forced to be online just to play the single player, I think the game he was referring to was Tom Clancy's Endwar.

Hopefully we won't be forced to be online all the time in whatever the future holds for videogames just to play the single player.

Some demos don't bother to say in the description that you have to be online to play it, a few years ago I downloaded the Real Steel demo when I was done I turned off my PlayStation, when I went to play it later while offline none of the options on the menu were accessible.

Nowhere on the Real Steel demo PSN page did it say that the demo was online only.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 17:33   #35649
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Iím playing it on stadia so Iíll check out the demo but if I had to download it I wouldnít bother when the game is coming a week later anyway
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 17:42   #35650
noonbob
Professor

Just played the demo, it runs and plays well on the PS4.

Ethan's already bugging me with his dumbass dialogue. I'm also annoyed with the way the sequences play out.
A corny mess that's meant to get you feeling emotional, but it doesn't work because it's poorly executed. They really need better writers

Big Lady and her two brats will be the best things about this game.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote